Whether you’re venturing into the Spirit Mountain Wilderness or taking the boat out onto Lake Mead, you’re going to need a cozy place to call home for the night – preferably with a bed so comfortable that your feet will forget every mile you’ve hiked. Crash in a convenient roadside hotel with complimentary breakfasts, or live large in a casino when you stay at these hotels, bookable with Culture Trip, near Spirit Mountain, Nevada.
Vacation like a high roller at Don Laughlin’s Riverside Resort. The Executive Room has a balcony, where you’ll feel like you’ll always come out on top – a great attitude to have when you roll down to the roulette table. No matter how the cards fall during your stay, dancing at the Losers’ Lounge, plowing pins at the Riverside Lanes and checking out classic rides at Don Laughlin’s Classic Car Museum will give you one jackpot of a holiday.
If you’ve come to Laughlin to gamble, you’ve got to stay at Aquarius. The overnight itself is a sure bet – panorama suites with floor-to-ceiling windows showcase the Laughlin Strip or mountain range. The only reason you’d fold on the restaurants is if that’s the method you choose to eat a slice at River Rock Pizza & Pasta. But enough about the adjacent amenities; the largest 24-hour gaming resort in the city has 57,000sqft (5,295sqm) of space for you to win your first million.
After a day in the wilderness, a live show featuring internationally acclaimed artists at Edgewater feels like the best of both worlds. Before the show, laze around your tower suite, gazing down at the Colorado River long enough to pencil in a stroll along the riverwalk later in the day. Zero-pressure gaming awaits in the arcade if the casino floor is something you’d like to avoid. After the show, it’s good to know that a 24/7 diner is always ready to serve you a quick bedtime snack.
Not many hotels allow you to snag a budget stay and walk out with a few extra grand in your pocket, but Tropicana does. Measured modesty in the classic king room will give you a restful sleep without breaking the bank. Franks and fries at Dip & Dogs will help you pinch more pennies as well. Take the extra pocket change you’ve accumulated, and dab your way to the bank at the bingo hall.
Have your own little gold rush at Laughlin’s Golden Nugget. You’re already a winner the moment you step from your riverview suite down into your poolside private cabana. Plop down in front of your favorite slot machine, drain a few quarters, and down a few drinks. What’s the best way to top off a night of dancing and drinking at Gold Diggers? A walk across the street for a greasy In-N-Out Burger.
Float your way from Lake Mohave down to Days Inn in Bullhead City, where you’ll never have to navigate rough waters. Simple guest rooms with sitting areas are all you need to wake up refreshed before heading down for a free breakfast. You’re welcome to be on your way ASAP, but, with so many natural wonders within a short drive’s distance, you should sit for a spell at the outdoor pool.
Wave across the Colorado River to Arizona from your tower suite at Harrah’s. Two pools, a private sand beach and a spa will keep your skin warm, wet and willfully relaxed. Pizza, steaks and some of Guy Fieri’s twisted Mexican dishes are served up at the six restaurants at Harrah’s. We assure you that you don’t need to gamble to have a good time at Harrah’s – but a little three-card stud never hurt anyone, right?
Spend a little time in Cali when you stay at Rio del Sol Inn. Only an hour from Spirit Mountain, this hotel on Historic Route 66 is a fine place to hang your hat for the night. Soak up the sun or stars in the outdoor pool or hot tub. You’ll nab a discounted meal at the Wagon Wheel diner next door if you’ve got a hankering for burgers and beer.
We’d be mad to not point you toward Las Vegas while you’re in Nevada. Extend your stay by booking one of the best hotels with a balcony, or opt for a family-friendly option to please everyone, bookable now with Culture Trip. Discover everything there is to know about museums and movies with a backstage tour of Vegas, or choose one of the many day trips from Sin City before tucking into some classic American cuisine on your return.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.