One reason we love Red Rock Canyon is that it caters to diverse travelers. You can take to the trails and rock climb to your heart’s desire – but those who prefer air conditioning and flip-flops can tackle the scenic drive and still be immersed in the majesty of the mountains. Whichever you choose, start and end your trip with a little luxe lodging. Check out these awesome hotels – bookable with Culture Trip – near Red Rock Canyon, Nevada.
Trust us, it’s hard for your worries to find you at 6,700ft (2,042m) in the Kyle Canyon. The Retreat on Charleston Peak is a mountainside escape from the desert heat. Surrounded by mountain peaks, overlooks and viewpoints, the hardest decision you’ll have to make is where to begin your hike. Ask for local advice at the Canyon Restaurant, where you’ll find a bartender or two who will recommend a great spot nearby to stop, sit and marvel at this awe-inspiring landscape.
We’re not saying that you have to golf when you stay at Element; we’re just stating the obvious that, with a half-dozen courses in the area, it’s going to be hard not to. Your guest room has enough space to cook meals in your full kitchen, knock out some urgent emails at the work desk and practice your swing without slicing any furniture. The fitness center even has all of your go-to machines that will loosen you up for at least one quick round of 18.
If you are staying near Red Rock Canyon, you might as well do it as big, bold and beautiful as the canyon itself. Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa rivals the Strip with stunning mountain views, amazing steaks and a full-service spa that feels like your own private sanctuary. The casino floor offers thousands of opportunities to cash in, but it’s the Sandbar Pool that you’ll want to dive into after a long day at Red Rock Canyon.
La Quinta Inn & Suites is just far enough from the Strip to provide respite from the glitz and glamour, yet close enough for a quick sight-seeing tour. Who needs a casino floor when a free breakfast, sparkling pool and bright desert sky will keep you (and your wallet) calm, cool and collected? Red Rock Canyon is only 10mi (16km) away, so no need to rush out of the pool until you’re good and pruny.
New York swagger and swanky Las Vegas style are mixed up like a gin martini at NoMad Las Vegas. The namesake suite features a freestanding mahogany and leather bar, no doubt the centerpiece of your envy-inducing photographs. Even the casino floor is a refined affair with a Tiffany glass ceiling watching over high-limit blackjack. We would mention the stunning Marrakech-inspired pool deck, but we have a feeling you’re already drooling over NoMad’s latest Instagram stories.
Artisan will seduce you with its sexy off-Strip hotel. We’ve heard whispers that the Rumor Suite has an oversized multi-headed shower that may or may not cater to your Sin City tryst. We have a feeling that the staff would prefer that we were discreet in discussing the top-optional European pool, so we’ll instead tempt you over to the Barcelona tapas restaurant and assure you that the Ultralounge is a hip local haunt, where you’re destined to make a few new friends.
Vdara Hotel & Spa welcomes you and your furry friend to Fabulous Las Vegas. Pet-friendly suites will make you and your pooch feel at home. The hotel has even dedicated a park for morning walks and potty breaks. Your pup will love sniffing his way through the Strip. The only downside? Your dog might be a little bummed to find out that there isn’t a table full of dogs playing poker at this non-gaming hotel.
Let’s not beat around the bush: if you’re staying at Nobu, food is the star of the show. Yes, this separate Caesars Palace tower is elegantly designed with Japanese-inspired decor and a luxe atmosphere that seems to know you’ve got priority access to the restaurant. But the food itself – how do we begin to describe one of the best chefs the world has seen? Every bite of Nobu’s teppanyaki tasting menu is better than the last.
You’re close to the famous Nevadan city of sin – so why not extend your trip and stay there, too? Check out the best hotels with balconies, or opt for a family-friendly option if the kids are in tow, bookable now with Culture Trip. There’s more to Vegas than just the nightlife, too. Check out the several museum and movie spots if you don’t believe us, and book one of the many day trips from Sin City to broaden your horizons – the best American restaurants in Vegas will be waiting for your return.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.