A beautiful lake surrounded by breathtaking scenery, Lake Tahoe is a year round tourist destination located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California. The towns lining the lake feature some amazing restaurants, from fine dining establishments to budget friendly options the entire family will enjoy. Here we take a look at some of the tasty culinary gems found on the Nevada side of the Lake Tahoe area.
Found in North Lake Tahoe in Incline Village, Austin’s has been a favorite for over 20 years. Open daily for lunch and dinner, Austin’s menu will satisfy a wide range of tastes from meat and seafood lovers to vegetarians. Specializing in home style American cuisine, the eatery’s culinary team seeks out the freshest, seasonal ingredients available from local sources when possible ensuring flavorful dishes. From starters to burgers to entrées and more, the varied offerings include highlights such as the classic meatloaf, the white bean and kale bake with a creamy garlic sauce, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and the breaded and pan-fried mountain rainbow trout. They also have a full bar on-site.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Ciera — the only Four Diamond restaurant in the Tahoe area — is a fine-dining establishment featuring succulent steaks and chops and mouthwatering seafood. Tucked inside the Montbleu Resort Casino and Spa on the south side of the lake in Stateline, the modern, elegant restaurant, complete with private booths, serves dinner Wednesday though Sunday. Discerning diners can savor the gorgonzola and pine nut-crusted sea bass with lump crabmeat, grilled spinach, lavender cream and a basil infusion and the Rocky Mountain elk chop served with a sweet bing cherry glaze. Side dishes are plentiful and the wine list is extensive, with approximately 300 varieties from around the world.
Founded in 2007, Bite is a lovely establishment serving tapas with an American twist. Open for dinner Monday through Saturday, this Incline Village gem of an eatery is a perfect spot to gather with friends while savoring delectable, sharable eats and great drinks, including beer, wine and hand-crafted cocktails. The ‘evening star’ cocktail with Tito’s vodka, pear purée, rosemary-black pepper simple syrup, fresh lemon and soda water is one great choice. Small plates to try include the deviled eggs with crispy prosciutto; the BLT sliders with bacon, Maine lobster and roasted tomato; and the Moroccan spiced lamb meatballs served with warm pita and mint chimichurri. Vegetarian options are also available, as are sweet treats.
CBC Steak & Lobster House
A fine-dining eatery on Lake Tahoe’s north shore in Crystal Bay, CBC Steak and Lobster House is a charming venue tucked inside the Crystal Bay Casino. A beautiful, grand atmosphere that evokes Old World charm waits for guests who visit for a wonderful classic tableside preparation dining experience. Specializing in steaks and seafood, the culinary team is also more than happy to prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes for those who seek them. Delectable highlights include the Caesar salad for two, either traditional or grilled and prepared tableside; the New Orleans barbecued lobster, which finds a Maine lobster tail poached in a Cajun cream sauce; and the all-natural Durham Ranch filet mignon. Many side dishes, sauces and tantalizing desserts along with an extensive wine list are also offered.
Part of Edgewood Tahoe, a popular golf course, dining, and special events destination located along the shores of Lake Tahoe in Stateline, the eponymous Edgewood Restaurant will delight guests with its delicious cuisine and stunning environment. A beautiful venue, complete with vaulted ceilings and large windows providing panoramic views of the gorgeous lake and mountains, the restaurant is a great choice for dinner with offerings that will suit a variety of tastes. Highlights include the roasted vegetable entrée with cauliflower, quinoa, dates, asparagus, smoked potato aioli and carrot coulis and the rack of spring lamb with pinot noir jus, horseradish-garlic mashed potatoes and mint pesto. To complement the meal, a great wine list is available.
A charming eatery found in Incline Village, Le Bistro specializes in contemporary French cuisine. Serving dinner Tuesday through Saturday, the bistro features a casual yet elegant atmosphere making it a wonderful spot to celebrate any occasion. The culinary team, headed by French Chef Jean-Pierre Doignon, procures the best ingredients, which often include organics, for the delectable cuisine. With à la carte and prix-fixe menus, the dishes available are varied and may include the tomato and onion tartlet with fresh thyme and tomato coulis, homemade duck confit with black beluga lentils and caramelized onions or even ratatouille lasagna. Reservations are recommended on the weekends.
Lucky Beaver Bar & Burger
A 24-hour venue located in Stateline, Lucky Beaver Bar and Burger is a lively bar and grill providing a fun atmosphere in which to relax with friends and enjoy mouthwatering burgers and other deliciousness. The menu is large, with something for everyone; however, it is geared toward meat lovers and thus packed with steaks, hotdogs, sandwiches and the signature item: burgers. A combination of Black Angus choice, upper choice and prime cuts, the meats are chopped creating a flavorful burger, with highlights being the Black Jack with blackened seasoning, blue jack cheese, grilled onion, lettuce, tomato, pickle chips, mayo and mustard and the Gambler, topped with applewood-smoked bacon, beer-battered onion rings, BBQ sauce and cheddar. All burgers are served with a choice of fresh cut fries or tater tots.
Mountain High Sandwich Co.
Found in Incline Village, Mountain High Sandwich Co. is a gourmet deli focusing on healthy cuisine. Using all-natural ingredients with an emphasis on local, seasonal and organic products, this eatery provides a comfortable and friendly atmosphere in which to sample a host of great eats from breakfast items to sandwiches and more. Open seven days a week from 8 AM to 5 PM, the menu has something for everyone with tasty options being the vegan breakfast burrito with potatoes, sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms along with lentils, vegan cheddar, vegan sausage and salsa and the house-smoked BBQ tri-tip sandwich with smoked BBQ sauce and coleslaw on a telera roll.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.