Often referred to as the “entertainment capital of the world”, Las Vegas is a buzzing city filled with all kinds of entertainment. From showrooms to musical shows and the theater, step away from the obvious tourist attractions and discover a musical world outside the casinos.
When one thinks of a show in Las Vegas, casinos and headliners usually spring to mind. But Sin City offers its visitors countless music options, from theaters with Broadway touring shows and edgy interactive productions to concert venues featuring big-name acts and local indie bands.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Based in a warehouse in downtown Las Vegas, A Public Fit Theater Company’s repertoire ranges from site-specific pieces to classics of American theater. Productions have included a live adaptation of the film M, Tennessee Williams’s The Glass Menagerie and contemporary works such as When the Rain Stops Falling. The company also provides additional theatrical opportunities through staged readings.
Beauty Bar Las Vegas is a bar and nightclub chain that can be found throughout the city. Step into the pink salon-themed bar for a drink and you’ll find DJs playing the latest tunes and occasionally a manicurist. Combining different elements, Beauty Bar also acts as a music venue that hosts mostly alternative and hip-hop acts, such as the Blues Explosion or KRS-One in their backyard.
The Las Vegas version of Brooklyn Bowl combines food, drink and music in one expansive venue. While the food comes courtesy of Blue Ribbon (hello fried chicken), the highlight of the full bar is beer from Brooklyn Brewery. Offering live music, a visit to the Brooklyn Bowl means you’ll be able to attend concerts from local bands as well as tribute acts to big names that sell out the house, from Adam Ant to Gary Clark Jr. to the Roots doing multi-night stands.
In one incarnation or another, the Bunkhouse Saloon has been a part of the downtown scene since 1953, but the Western-themed bar was renovated and reopened a few years back with a new stage and sound system. Bands like the Breeders and Downtown Boys have graced the stage in the past, as have numerous comedy acts. If you’re in need of a break, step outside to the outdoor area for a quick walk to the food truck for a plate or two.
The Las Vegas Little Theatre celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2018. With two separate stages, it almost always has something going on – from dark comedies and romantic musicals to classic dramas and shows for younger audiences. Situated in Chinatown, the Las Vegas Little Theatre is located in an ideal place for a post-show dinner or drink stop thanks to the endless options that can be found in the area.
Located in the Arts District, the Majestic Repertory Theater is one of the neighborhood’s busiest artistic institutions. Shows range from theatrical stalwarts like Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Measure for Measure to the latest Broadway and Off-Broadway shows. Majestic also offers off-center projects like Showgirls: The Musical, a version of the camp-classic film, and Reservoir Dolls, an all-female take on Tarantino.
The Smith Center for the Performing Arts contains three performance spaces. Reynolds Hall is home to the Nevada Ballet Theatre and the Las Vegas Philharmonic. Myron’s Cabaret Jazz and the Troesh Studio Theater host smaller-scale music and theater performances.
This beloved blues bar has been playing and pouring since 1976. The Sand Dollar Lounge is a hangout for those who work in the casino and nightlife industries, offering nightly music and a solid beer and liquor selection. It has long been a post-show stop for musicians after gigs in larger on-Strip venues.
Located in the shadow of the Strip, The Space is where many performers step away from the showroom to work on more personal projects. The long-running “Mondays Dark” event brings musicians together to have fun onstage raising money for a good cause. The cabaret-style room draws singers like Frank Sinatra’s granddaughter A.J. Lambert, as well as world music, jazz artists and one-man shows.
With a theater, art gallery, skate park, and garden, the Winchester Cultural Center is one of the cultural hubs of Las Vegas. Local artists’ work is frequently featured in galleries, and the annual Dia De Los Muertos celebration inspires an array of altars, sculptures, and other works. The theater showcases productions by Sin City Opera and regional music and dance troupes, as well as national touring artists.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.