St Louis is a lively Midwestern city that attracts visitors to its many sports games, historical sites and cultural events. There are many accommodation options for your stay in the Gateway City – from art-themed hotels to renovated factories. These are some of our favorite places to stay for a truly unique experience in the city.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Magnolia Hotel is an iconic place to stay in St Louis. Entering the lobby, you’re greeted with extravagant chandeliers, beautiful stained-glass windows and the friendliest staff. It was here where Hollywood movie star Cary Grant asked the hotel staff to leave chocolates on the pillow for his lover, hence the tradition in upscale hotels. The rooms at the Magnolia Hotel are classically elegant with white-tufted headboards, luxurious bedding and comfortable seating. Book the Cary Grant suite for a more dramatic stay.
Turn up your creative side at the Angad Arts Hotel – a unique boutique hotel and art space. Choose your art-filled room based on how you want to feel during your stay – red rooms are for feeling empowered, yellow rooms for feeling curious, blue rooms to feel free and green rooms to feel rejuvenated. Also, visit the rooftop for cocktails at the Art Bar – it hosts a boozy Sunday brunch, too.
In the heart of St Louis, the Westin hotel focuses on wellness and relaxation. The “Sleep well, move well, eat well” model ensures you’ll be feeling your best during your stay here. The rooms are modernly designed, with dark wood and calming blue and gray hues, comfortable beds and large spa-like bathrooms with oversize tubs. Get your heart rate up in its state-of-the-art fitness center, and then nourish your body in its on-site restaurant, which offers many healthy options.
Sitting inside a converted shoe factory, the Last Hotel seeks to embody all there is to love about St Louis. The rooms are carefully designed to honor the past and present, with hand-stitched leather couches and benches, locally sourced artwork and original hardwood flooring. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, while the lobby and common areas have remarkable architectural details that are a mix of art deco and neoclassical design. Do not miss the rooftop pool and bar with seriously spectacular views and some delicious cocktails.
Just steps from the Gateway Arch, Hotel Indigo is a great option for discovering St Louis. This trendy hotel is perfect for savvy travelers who want well-designed rooms with flexible workspaces, comfortable beds and convenient amenities. The historic building is within walking distance of the Federal Reserve, and the interior design reflects that in a whimsical way. The hotel offers tasty food and drinks at the rooftop bar, while the friendly staff members are happy to provide recommendations throughout the city.
For travelers concerned with their carbon footprint, have a green stay at the Embassy Suites. The property is LEED-certified, meaning it complies with many earth-healthy requirements, such as water efficiency, reductions in waste and greenhouse gases and overall commitment to environmental stewardship. The spacious two-room suites with seating areas and dining tables are great for families. The complimentary breakfast and evening reception are extra touches that make for a great hotel experience.
With a direct view of the Gateway Arch and the Mississippi River, this Hyatt Regency is in the best location for visitors who want to explore St Louis on foot. The hotel is massive with nearly 1,000 rooms – perfect for corporate events, conferences and family reunions. The rooms are very stylish, with modern furniture and brightly colored accents. For added convenience, there’s a coffee shop, a sports bar, a steakhouse and a farm-to-table restaurant – all within the hotel.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.