Ready to experience a truly charming neighborhood? Then visit the friendly business district of 50th and France, where travellers discover a variety of exciting shops and fun restaurants. Combining art and sights and much more, the following list lays out the best ways to spend a day in the area.
With over 175 businesses tucked away in this area, the shopping opportunities are endless. Travellers to 50th & France can find everything from clothing and jewellery at Banana Republic and Bluebird Boutique, to kitchen stores, pet stores and more. Shoppers might find fresh beef at Grass Fed Cattle Co, or the perfect piece of furniture for the home at Home and Company. Yes sir, this one’s a great choice for a spot of retail therapy!
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Visit the spa
For a treat and a relaxing day, explore 50th and France’s many health and beauty shops. Get a manicure at Nails & Co, one of the many nail salons, or allow professional hair stylists create the perfect cut and style for you. At Spalon Montage, guests spend the whole day enjoying the special treatments of the spa, while having their hair pampered and made to look fabulous. In need of a makeover? Visit Lush Cosmetics, where all the makeup is handmade.
The art fair
Check out Minnesota’s top art fair, and one of the best fine arts festivals in the country. The Edina Art Fair happens annually and introduces the public to a number of artists as well as live music and entertainment. The festival is free and open to all ages, making it a family-friendly activity. Every year, something changes and the art fair notably features over 300 artists. Explore the booths of diverse artists, sit back with a tasty beer in the outdoor beer gardens, or take in the live entertainment – it’s up to you!
Run by Landmark Theaters, Edina Cinema is a historic 1930s movie theater located on 50th Street. With 1,300 quality seats, this cinema is a great place to take in the sights and sounds of well-known and artistic independent and foreign films. Featuring the best shows in film, including award-nominated and winning movies, this is a great theater to visit for a night out. Although lines might be a bit longer on the weekends, the affordable price of the theater and the quality of the shows make it a great place to stop by in the Twin Cities.
50th and France has some fantastic venues to not only enjoy a delicious and classy meal, but also experience a warm and friendly atmosphere. At Red Cow, customers will taste some rich burgers and complex beers in a colorful environment of wall paintings and cheerful faces. On the other hand, Arezzo Ristorante offers its guests a charming and romantic experience of authentic Italian cooking. No matter what the hunger is, the restaurants of 50th and France are sure to satiate the craving.By Michelle Schmid
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.