Minneapolis is the perfect destination for any traveling couple. Candlelit restaurants and charming bars offer romantic evenings, while indoor mini golf and brewery tours provide the ultimate daytime explorations. Follow this guide to experience it all: the luxurious, the scenic, and the fun. Get ready for your best S.O. adventure yet.
Located in Minneapolis’ hip North Loop district, the Hewing Hotel makes a perfect base for exploring the city. Its 124 trendy hotel rooms each include original features from the building’s past as an industrial warehouse; authentic brick and exposed wood along with plush pillows and rugs create a unique and cozy home away from home. Hungry? Head to the Tullibee restaurant on the hotel’s ground floor for fresh, seasonal dishes and local brews. Afterwards, visit their rooftop social club to lounge in the sauna or spa pool – sounds like the perfect couple’s therapy to us.
Bring on the competition at Can Can Wonderland’s mini golf course. This underground park isn’t the average putting experience. Each of the course’s 18 unique holes have been commissioned and designed by a different local artist, creating a colorful and captivating adventure. From the enormous tornado at the “Natural Disaster” hole, to the giant pink mastodon in the “Hot Tub Time Machine,” the stunning displays are one of a kind. Head to the bar post-game for a celebratory drink. Gin punch served from a watering can, birthday cake vodka with sparklers, and absinthe slushies are just a few of the incredible cocktails to grace their menu.
There’s no better way to experience one of the country’s greatest beer cities than with an all-inclusive tour. Hop on one of Bitter Minnesota’s brew busses and spend three hours exploring the best breweries in town. The tour offers pick up and drop off, a cooler to store purchased beer, and they even allow drinking craft brews on the bus. Since their public tours host around 14 people, you’ll have the opportunity to meet other beer loving couples while you sit back, relax, and enjoy the hops.
Known as the “Central Park of Minneapolis,” Loring Park has the perfect ambiance for a romantic picnic for two. Wander the tree-lined walking paths or watch locals fish on the quaint pier. With views of the city skyline and the sound of bells chiming at the nearby cathedral, the picturesque park is the perfect place to slow down and enjoy each other’s company.
Board the Minneapolis Queen for an afternoon boat ride on the Mississippi. Offering stunning views of downtown, St. Anthony Falls, and the Stone Arch Bridge, the trip highlights Minneapolis’ unique charm and rare beauty. Enjoy a glass of wine as the boat cruises past waterside bluffs and lush trails, or listen to the guides recall the history of the monumental river. Better yet, join the Minneapolis Queen for its ever popular Friday night dinner or Sunday brunch cruises, and experience the elegance and romance the waterway has to offer.
The day has arrived!! Our queen is ready to kick off our 2018 cruising season today!!! #letscruisemn #minneapolisqueen #paradisechartercruises #mississippiriver
A post shared by Paradise Charter Cruises (@paradisechartercruises) on Apr 20, 2018 at 4:10am PDT
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A night out at the theater is necessary for any romantic getaway. Luckily, Minneapolis is on of the nation’s most popular cities for theatrical arts, and entertainment options are abundant. The Illusion Theater’s performances have been recognized repeatedly for their success and acclaim; two of their plays were adapted into major motion pictures and one received the honor of a Pulitzer Prize nomination. From one-act masterpieces to breathtaking musicals, there’s something for everyone to enjoy at the Illusion.
Head to Minneapolis’ highest peak to watch the sun set behind the city skyline. Located in Prospect Park, the old water tower (nicknamed the Witch’s Hat) is the perfect place to end the day. Climb to the top for stunning views of the city center, and a peaceful escape from the urban bustle below. Add a mug of hot chocolate into the equation, and your couple goals are on point.
Hanging w my bowling league. Nothing better. #strikeyourfancy #blb #bryantlakebowl #msp #mn #minneapolis #uptownminneapolis #lynlake #onlyinmn #captureminnesota #oldschool #tonightwebowl
A post shared by KT (@motorvader) on Apr 18, 2018 at 7:19pm PDT
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.