Despite Boston’s somewhat staid reputation (gained due to a public transportation system that shuts down early and a 2am last call), this historical city has a thriving nightlife. So whether you’re looking to party all night at a Vegas-style mega club or simply sip craft cocktails and mingle with friends, there’s a venue to suit you and your group in Boston. From old college crowd standbys like Wonder Bar to the hot new club Mémoire at the Encore Casino, this list will help you have the perfect night out in Boston.
Go clubbing at the Grand
This sprawling Seaport club draws in huge crowds every night of the weekend – and on Mondays for the I Love Mondays DJ series. As soon as you walk in the Grand’s entrance, you’ll feel transported to Vegas, as the club doesn’t skimp on luxury or spectacle – think an open glass staircase, gold accents, bottle service and a massive dance floor.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Hit the dance floor at Royale
Located in the heart of Boston’s Theatre District, Royale packs the dance floor with crowds who come to dance to national music acts and some of the hottest DJs. It’s also a popular daytime spot on themed bar crawls. For a special night out, reserve one of the VIP balconies that overlook the dance floor and elevate any occasion.
Karaoke at the Hong Kong
The Hong Kong is an iconic part of Boston nightlife. This institution has been serving up oversized scorpion bowls and chicken on a stick to revelers since 1988. Grab a colorful cocktail for courage and hop up on stage to participate in the Hong Kong’s legendary karaoke hours. After 9pm Thursday through Saturday, the bar transforms into an over-the-top dance club where you’ll hear anything from ’90s throwbacks to today’s hottest hits.
Go big at Mémoire
The Encore Boston Harbor is Boston’s first and only casino. Run by the Wynn group the casino’s nightclub, Mémoire also has a total Vegas feel. You’ll need to dress to impress if you want to dance the night away here, as there’s a strict elegant-attire dress code at Mémoire. The classy club has hosted some of the biggest celebrity acts to come to Boston (like Steve Aoki).
Learn how to dance at Havana Club
Under 21 but still want to go out and dance? Check out Havana Club on Mondays and Tuesdays for its alcohol-free lessons and social dances that are open to anyone 18 and older. The affordably priced nights out are only $8 for a dance lesson or $10 for a lesson and admittance to the three-hour dance party afterwards. On Fridays and Saturdays the bar is open during the salsa and bachata lessons and dance parties.
Sip Cocktails at Beehive
For a classy night out in Boston, look no further than the Beehive. This underground South End bar-restaurant-club hosts nightly live music that ranges from Jazz to blues and burlesque. Best of all, there’s no cover charge for the entertainment (but tips are appreciated). Don’t miss the innovative craft cocktails while you’re here – like the Queen Bee with vodka, elderflower, grapefruit and sparkling wine.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.