Baltimore has a fine array of restaurants and bars. The city is also known for having many wine bars that serve delicious, internationally renowned wines for a casual price. Read ahead for our guide to the best wine bars in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Corner Bistro and Wine Bar
The Corner Bistro is cozy brick building that is popular for quiet evenings and romantic dining. The bar hosts a happy hour from 5PM-7PM every Monday through Thursday, and on Saturday you can find half-priced wine. With 40 wines on the menu, choose from a variety of grapes by the glass or bottle that are both imported and domestic favorites. The pairings of seafood go well with many of the selections, making this a stand out among wine bars in Baltimore.
The Corner Bistro and Wine Bar, 213 Penn St Baltimore, MD 21230 410-727-1155
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
V-NO Wine Bar
Awarded ‘Best Wine Bar’ twice by Baltimore City Paper, V-NO has a cozy interior with outdoor seating on warm evenings that overlooks the harbor. Quality over quantity is highlighted on their menu featuring whites, lush reds and juicy options. V-NO offers wines that are made from grapes farmed in sustainable and organic environments with no biodynamic growing practices, so you won’t feel guilty having that extra glass.
V-NO Wine Bar, 905 S Ann St Baltimore, MD 21231 410-342-8466
13.5% Wine Bar
13.5% with its high-end boutique wine selection allows patrons to experience a global culinary perspective. The menu boasts mid-priced fortified wines, desert wines and glasses of chic reds, but patrons can also order from their selection of five different wine flights. It’s worth getting a bottle here, since you can split the price with friends, and you get more for your money.
13.5% Wine Bar, 1117 W 36th St Baltimore, MD 21211 410-889-1064
Gitan Bistro Cru
Gitan Bistro Cru sits in the heart of the historical Canton district and offers a classy yet casual vibe. With a menu of mostly international glasses and bottles, Gitan Bistro Cru is perfect for a casual date night. They offer varieties of French and Italian White, Rose and sparkling wines, as well as different reds. Their mixture of Mediterranean, French and American cuisines is perfect for taking picky eaters, as the variety satisfies all.
Gitan Bistro Cru, 800 S Kenwood Ave Baltimore, MD 21224 410-276-1200
Forno Restaurant & Wine Bar
Forno is a rustic and chic bistro and wine bar that transports you into the trendy atmosphere of a European bistro. Happy hour is Tuesday through Friday from 3PM-7PM, where patrons can get a discount off pizza, select drafts and house wines. Thursday also offers a wine flight menu, or go for their weekend brunch from 11AM-3PM and get bottomless bloody Marys or mimosas with your entrees for $18.95. If dining for dinner, it’s a great place to share their homemade pastas or pizzas used with fresh ingredients from local, sustainable farmers and fisheries while relaxing on their red banquettes.
Forno Restaurant & Wine Bar, 17 N Eutaw St Baltimore, MD 21201 443-873-9427
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.