In the heart of Maryland, Baltimore is a cosmopolitan hub with distinctive neighborhoods that speak to its rich history. One of the benefits of a city with diverse cultures is the opportunity to support local businesses with an eye for aesthetics. Instead of venturing to the large chain stores to shop for clothes and gifts, stop by a local boutique that sells uniquely curated goods. These are some of the best boutiques in Baltimore.
In the Details
In the Details is a small shop in the Hampden neighborhood of northern Baltimore. This boutique offers clothing for both men and women, and provides an excellent alternative to big, trendy department stores. The owner is personable and honest in suggesting clothing and accessories, some of which are locally made. The prices are reasonable as well – watch out for sales on the first Friday of every month.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Doubledutch is an award-winning boutique that offers unique designs from small designers. This is a great shop for indulging in a few treats for yourself or for unique gifts for friends, ranging from shoes, jewelry, to bags and accessories. On first Fridays, you not only get a 10% discount, but you can stop by for food, drinks, and DJ sets between 6:00-9:00PM. For an authentic, local boutique with reasonable prices and a wide selection, Doubledutch is a must-try.
Address: 1021 W 36th St, Baltimore, MD 21211
Brightside Boutique & Art Studio
Brightside Boutique & Art Studio is a unique boutique – not only is it a clothing store but it doubles as a tattoo parlor. Founded by Christie Griffiths and Kike Castillo in 2012, Brightside’s goal is to combine their passions and talents by bringing Baltimore a trendy fashion store with hand-picked clothing and shoes from around the world; as well as artful tattoos that are designed by Castillo. The passion is apparent in the well-rounded knowledge of the employees and owners about their products and art. The collaborators recently opened up a second location in Fell’s Point in addition to their Federal Hill store, bringing art and fashion together in yet another neighborhood of Baltimore.
Address: 1133 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
Cloud 9 Clothing
An affordable women’s boutique, this eclectic shop sells clothing, jewelry, and accessories in both its Canton and Hampden locations in Baltimore. Best suited for a young, bohemian aesthetic, Cloud 9 Clothing is a trendy shop that appeals to the fashion-forward crowd without being pretentious. Owner Priya Rayadurg is inspired by mix-and-match looks that can be seen in the varied brands, colors, and styles offered in the shop.
Address: 1111 West 36th Street Baltimore, MD 21211 (Hampden location), 2400 Boston Street #122 Baltimore, MD 21224 (Canton location)
Babe. (a boutique)
Located in the waterfront neighborhood of Fell’s Point, which is also one of the oldest areas of Baltimore, Babe has been around since 2007. The contemporary styles are handpicked and closely curated to stay on-trend yet classic. Babe carries brands like Ella Moss and YA Los Angeles for both formal and casual wear for under $100. The staff are friendly and offer expert, fashionable opinions to help you choose what looks and feels best.
Address: 1716 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231
A People United
A People United is not the kind of boutique with a ton of fancy name brands. Instead, you can leave the shop feeling good about having contributed to the health and education of children in Nepal. This philanthropic boutique has provided up to 1,000 scholarships for Nepali children to private schools. While you can get hip and authentic clothing handmade in Nepal, they also sell furniture, jewelry, and tea that make for great gifts. Also, be sure to look out for the 20% sale at the end of January every year.
Address: 516 N Charles St #100, Baltimore, MD 21201
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.