There’s a vacation type to suit everyone in Maine, as famous for its rocky coastline as it is for its mountains. Whether you’re visiting for the sandy beaches, a city break or an exhilarating dash down the slopes, these Maine hotels with hot tubs give you the ideal place to unwind. Check into one of these inviting hotels, bookable via Culture Trip.
Reclined on the rocks above the Atlantic, this coastal gem pairs contemporary elegance with nautical. All rooms have soft grey wood paneling and balconies, but book the Coastal King for lighthouse views. Bask in the outdoor hot tub after a plate of tater tots smothered in brown butter lobster from the lobster shack. When you’ve had enough salty sea air, head to the luminous spa and gaze out at the ocean while enjoying a Seasonal Salt of the Seas massage inspired by the seasons.
Enjoy your in-room hot tub by a crackling fire in one of the Luxury Suites. The beach is within walking distance, or there’s a cozy on-site New England-style pub with live entertainment if you like music while you chow a warming bowl of corn chowder. The main hotel features accessible and environmentally friendly indoor and outdoor hot tubs, taking inspiration from the ancient Roman springs dedicated to the healing goddess, Minerva.
Just an hour from Boston, the pretty seaside village of Ogunquit is a haven for activity lovers with whale watching, kayaking, deep-sea fishing and more. You’ll relax afterwards in one of the traditionally-styled suites with lots of wood and nut-brown decor and private hot tubs or, if you’re feeling sociable, check out the enormous swimming pool and outdoor hot tub in the hotel grounds. You can do anything after a lazy Continental breakfast of granola, fruit, cereal and toasted bagels.
There’s room for all your friends in the 30-person outdoor hot tub here. If you prefer less of a crowd, book one of the three-bedroom multilevel penthouses clad in plaid and wood with in-room hot tubs and a sauna. Afterwards, share a plate of Maine mussels cooked in white wine, preserved lemon, onion and crispy garlic at the hotel’s restaurant, 45 North, and decide which slopes or trails to hit the next day.
Jordan Hotel has visitors covered whatever the season. With ski-in, ski-out access and sweeping views over Sunday River’s western peaks, spending time in the heated outdoor pool and hot tub will soothe aching muscles after a day on the slopes. In warmer months, enjoy superb hiking or play a round of golf at the Sunday River golf club nearby. Cozy up in one- and two-bed suites with leather sofas and kitchens for whipping up your favourite breakfast dish.
Housed in an old armory, this quaint hotel sits among the cobbled streets of the boutique and cocktail bar-lined Old Port neighbourhood. The Governor and Regency suites have a whirlpool tub and two-person hot tub, respectively, and the full-service spa will soothe you with an array of Vichy showers, saunas and steam rooms. Afterwards, sip a Delightful Dalliance at the hotel’s Armory Lounge, a cocktail flavoured with orange blossom water and hibiscus sugar.
If you’re looking for an in-room hot tub in Maine, you’ll love this plush waterfront hotel. All of the rooms and suites come with hot tubs, gas fireplaces and richly upholstered beds and easy chairs by windows for sea air while you read your novel. Graze on the Continental breakfast from your private balcony, fresh quiche, house-made granola, fruit and artisan pastries delivered each morning with steaming Carrabassett Valley coffee.
The Bingham Suite at the historic Bethel Inn Resort scores a hat-trick with a couples hot tub, roaring fireplace and sweeping mountain views, but all rooms have relaxing, richly coloured decor. In the summertime, roam the 200-acre (81ha) grounds, play tennis and lawn games, idle in the lake house and paddle about on the water in canoes and kayaks. Weather less than balmy? Cozy up in the Millbrook Tavern, a wood-lined pub where you can sip a beer by a warming fire pit.
With 36 rooms and suites plus 11 cottages, the Country Inn offers accessible and pet-friendly options if you can’t leave your furry friend at home. Layers of cozy wood, richly coloured rugs and patchwork quilts set the scene. The Camden and Rockport suites and King Cottage each have their own jetted hot tubs for those who fancy some privacy, or the indoor pool and hot tub are great places to unwind after a day exploring Camden, where mountains meet the sea.
On a budget? Discover our guide on the best budget-friendly hotels in Maine and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.