Baton Rouge, the capital of Louisiana, is a bustling, culturally diverse city and home to Louisiana State University. If you’re visiting Red Stick, take a look at our guide to the best places to stay in the area – the top hotels in Baton Rouge are here.
A fitness center, whirlpool-accompanied outdoor pool, sports court and complimentary full American breakfast are yours when you stay at this Louisiana hotel, 5mi (8km) from the city center. Pick a suite with a workspace, kitchen and spots to relax – then unwind some more in the fire-lit lobby, by the outdoor barbecue and fire pit, or at the evening socials. Pets are welcome and you’ll appreciate complimentary parking, a grocery shopping service and laundry room.
Feel at home in this pet-friendly Baton Rouge hotel, where studios feature kitchenettes, living areas and signature Heavenly beds. Group travelers should book the four-bedroom studio with extra living space and a cushion-strewn L-shaped sofa. You’ll enjoy a daily complimentary breakfast – including healthy options or grab-and-go if you have a busy schedule – plus access to the fitness center, outdoor pool and patio with barbecue. Like meeting new people? Join the four-nights-a-week reception to chat over organic wine or local beer.
At the Marriott, contemporary rooms and suites – most of which feature colorful art and big windows – come with access to the 24/7 fitness center and seasonal outdoor pool. Hungry? Grab snacks from this classic Baton Rouge hotel’s market and devour them in its cool, stylish lobby. Alternatively, try seafood, Cajun dishes and craft beer at the restaurant. Remote workers can book the concierge-level suite for concierge lounge access.
Lounge cabana-style by the outdoor pool, chill in the fire-lit lobby and work out at the 24-hour fitness center at this Louisiana hotel. You’ll love the glam restaurant and wine bar – choose from sophisticated plates and 32 wines poured by the glass, demi or bottle using the Enomatic serving system. They’ll taste even better on the terrace, which is warmed by a fire pit. If you’re combining work with leisure, book the concierge-level room and you’ll get extra space and exclusive lounge access.
Enjoy amenities galore at this hotel in Baton Rouge, which overlooks the Louisiana State campus lake. Highlights include the cocktail bar, outdoor pool, fitness center and discounted access to the college’s athletics and aquatics facility. Wake to a complimentary Southern buffet breakfast in the restaurant, which also offers Southern-style lunch from the award-winning chef. Working? Enjoy free wifi and parking, in-room desks and nine events spaces, from banquet halls to the unique Andonie Sports Museum. The catering company and 24-hour concierge team will ensure things run smoothly.
Check into this skyscraping luxury hotel, a former bank that retains original 1927 features including carved marble walls, a grand staircase and vaults transformed into meeting and dining spaces. Modern rooms and suites come with chic tiled bathrooms and river views; even the fitness center is ultra-stylish. Admire hand-painted murals in the restaurant, which serves farm-to-table twists on Southern classics, and try New York-style delights at the deli.
This is an updated version of an article originally by Shay Lee.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.