The recently revitalized New Orleans Warehouse District is home to many of the city’s best galleries, museums, and restaurants. The Contemporary Arts Center opened in the neighborhood in 1976. In 1984, the World’s Fair in New Orleans, which took place largely in the Warehouse District, further helped to cement the area’s reputation as a cultural center.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Arthur Roger Gallery
The Arthur Roger Gallery first opened in 1978 in the Garden District of New Orleans, but moved to a new space in the Warehouse District in 1988. The gallery was a primary organizer of the Louisiana Arts exhibition at the 1984 World’s Fair and has played a role in the rise of several Louisiana artists. The gallery opened a second location in New York City in the 1990s and has placed artists in prominent exhibitions around the world.
Martine Chaisson Gallery
Martine Chaisson Gallery is known for curating high quality contemporary art by both established and emerging artists. Chaisson places great emphasis on choosing art to match the style of an individual or business. The gallery features photography, drawing, painting, and sculpture. Martine Chaisson Gallery also hosts private events.
Jonathan Ferrara Gallery
Gallery owner Jonathan Ferrara began his career in finance, before realizing that the visual arts were his true passion. He eventually quit his corporate job to sell art in the New Orleans French Market before opening the Jonathan Ferrara Gallery. The gallery curates exhibitions in a wide range of media, including sculpture, painting, installation, and mixed media. Jonathan Ferrara Gallery chooses artists for their thought-provoking, socially conscious themes.
Octavia Art Gallery
Octavia Art Gallery was first established in Uptown New Orleans before moving to the Warehouse District in 2013. Since its beginnings, the gallery has been a leader in bringing regional, national, and international artists to New Orleans. Octavia Art Gallery has long had a relationship with Cuban artists and frequently exhibits Cuban and Cuban-American work. The gallery has a satellite location in Houston, Texas.
Steve Martin Fine Art
Steve Martin Fine Art is a studio and exhibition space for Louisiana artist Steve Martin, who has said, ‘Today we are under a visual assault from all sorts of disturbing images. I feel that art should uplift the soul and elevate the spirit. This is my message and I use the human form as my messenger.’Hailing from the small town of Tioga, Louisiana, Martin excelled in art from a young age despite receiving no formal training. Steve Martin also publishes a local magazine, Art + Design New Orleans.
Art Gallery, Museum
Situated in the center of the Warehouse District, near the Ogden Museum of Southern Art and the Contemporary Arts Center, LeMieux Galleries strives to bring Gulf South artists to local and visiting collectors. The artists featured in the gallery’s annual exhibition schedule work in a variety of media and represent the best of the region. LeMieux Galleries also offers custom framing.
Formerly known as Gallery Bienvenu, Callan Contemporary represents both established and emerging artists. The gallery’s focus is on sculpture and figurative and abstract painting. Callan Contemporary is located on Julia Street, the Warehouse District’s primary corridor.
Gallery 600 Julia
Gallery 600 Julia focuses on paintings by contemporary artists from Louisiana and Newcomb College pottery, a style that grew out of H. Sophie Newcomb Memorial College in New Orleans. Each month, Gallery 600 Julia exhibits a new group of contemporary works, and the gallery opens on the first Saturday evening of each month for the Warehouse District’s ‘Art Walk.’
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.