Nestled in the picturesque Bluegrass region of Kentucky, the vibrant city of Lexington beckons with its rich heritage in craft beverages. From its renowned distilleries to its thriving brewery scene, the city offers a treasure trove of libations waiting to be savored. To elevate your visit and immerse yourself in the local flavors, we have curated a list of locally-owned and operated breweries and distilleries for you to discover. Join us as we embark on a journey through Lexington’s craft beverage scene, where passion and craftsmanship converge to create unforgettable drinking experiences
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
West Sixth Brewing
West Sixth Brewery l Courtesy of West Sixth Brewery
Started three years ago by a group of friends, West Sixth Brewing is dedicated to making great beer. They also have an active involvement in their beloved community, often giving back to local organizations. In addition to the taproom, West Sixth offers four core brands, distributed in cans, and a plethora of seasonal brews. This place offers a great tour of its facilities, and features a beer garden. Customers can usually find a familiar crowd of faces in its taproom, which is a testament to its friendly staff, and its quality craft brews.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Country Boy features an assortment of staple beers on tap to try as well as seasonal specials. This brewery dedicated to making minimally processed, high-quality brews. It is also known for its creativity in inventing new beers, using a variety of hops, fruits, and vegetables. With an amazing list of brews to pick from, you’ll never be at a loss of choices at Country Boy Brewing.
Chase Brewing Company
Chase Brewing Company features a comfortable taproom that draws in a bustling crowd. Take a seat at the long bar and try one of the brewery’s signature beers, and try one of their house-baked pizzas or amazing coffee. If one of their drafts don’t interest you, the taproom also offers a wide selection of bourbon.
Blue Stallion Brewery
Locals love Blue Stallion’s modern taproom, billiards tables, and food. Dedicated to producing quality German lagers and British ales, Blue Stallion Brewery was founded by a group of friends who wanted to bring traditional European beer to the United States. Visitors have plenty of authentic, European beers to choose from. If you’re not relaxing at the wood bar, you can have a seat on the patio or loft area. Blue Stallion’s brews are also available in a multitude of bars, restaurants, and retail sites throughout Kentucky.
Ethereal Craft Brew I Courtesy of Ethereal Brewing
Ethereal Brewing is located in an industrial space, featuring a comfortable, relaxed taproom where visitors can taste the magic of their delicious beers. Their menu features a bunch of home-crafted staples as well as guest beers on rotation. Whether you’re sipping out of a whimsical, test-tube-shaped cup, or a regular beer glass, you’re sure to taste the intoxicating richness resulting from Ethereal’s dedication to crafting quality brews.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.