Located 15 minutes away from Kansas City, Overland Park is a lovely city. From beautiful outdoor spaces to art museums, the area has something for everyone, including those seeking tasty treats. The city is home to numerous great restaurants. Here is a list of some of the best to stop by for brunch.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Described as an ‘Italian market restaurant,’ Cinzetti’s offers an all-you-can-eat menu in an environment reminiscent of a Tuscan villa. Inside the warm, rustic building, diners will find 14 cooking stations where chefs prepare a host of delectable Italian delicacies along with special brunch items during the weekend. In addition to fresh made pasta, rotisserie items, salads, and pizza, brunch lovers will also find eggs Benedict, waffles, made-to-order crepes,omelets, and French toast. An assortment of sweet treats, such as bread pudding, fresh cannoli, plus ice cream, is offered as well.
The Big Biscuit
The Big Biscuit is a Kansas City-area chain serving American breakfast and lunch dishes to hungry diners, seven days a week. Offering something for everyone, the menu includes tasty options such as biscuits smothered with gravy and served with potatoes, the country Benedict, which features a split biscuit topped with sausage, scrambled eggs, and sausage gravy, and the sweet caramel bliss French toast with caramel sauce, powdered sugar, strawberries, and blueberries. A variety of egg dishes from omelettes to scrambled are available as well.
A family-friendly establishment, Cozy’s Cafe delights the brunch crowd with its tasty American and European fare every day of the week. Procuring the freshest ingredients available, including those from local markets, the culinary team creates many exciting made-from-scratch options that will satisfy a wide range of tastes. Highlights from the menu include the classic brunch favorite eggs Benedict, the Greek omelet with spinach, feta cheese, roasted peppers, onion, and black olives, and blueberry pancakes. A variety of espresso drinks and other beverages are also on the menu.
Perfect for those visitors seeking a place to relax and linger over a cup while savoring a snack, the Filling Station is a great local establishment with an industrial garage-like atmosphere. Featuring a range of coffee and specialty espresso drinks, including the Gibralter, one-half cream and one-half espresso, the menu also includes fresh juices, such as the Hawaii Trio juice made with pineapple, apple, and orange juices. The coffee shop offers many baked goods, including everything from croissants to muffins, from cookies to bagels and more along with oatmeal, yogurt, quiche, and soup.
Nick & Jake’s
Nick and Jake’s is a restaurant giving guests ‘real food & honest drink.’ Serving lunch and dinner most days, Nick and Jake’s also presents an award-winning brunch buffet every Sunday. Delicious favorites include buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy, French toast, jalapeño cheddar grits, herb-roasted prime rib, and made-to-order omelets. Fresh fruits, vegetables, and salads are also offered along with an array of desserts, which include mouthwatering cinnamon rolls, chocolate cake, carrot cake, and muffins.
Santa Fe Cafe
Serving customers for over 30 years, Santa Fe Cafe is a welcoming place for brunch lovers to get their favorite meal any day of the week. Specializing in home-style dishes, this western-themed café offers a host of options that will satisfy everyone. Dig deep into a full stack of buttermilk pancakes filled with cranberries and walnuts or savor the San Michael vegetarian Benedict, which features sautéed spinach, mushrooms, grilled tomato, poached eggs, hollandaise, and Gruyère atop an English muffin. The menu also features omelets, scrambled eggs, crêpes, and much more.
A little piece of paradise in Overland Park, the Sunset Grill is a vibrant restaurant with an island theme. Established in 2004, this family-friendly venue offers an array of dishes that will satisfy a variety of cravings. Guests can try one of the restaurant’s specialties, such as the flamingo French toast topped with strawberries, bananas, and a special vanilla sauce, or a skillet made with a choice of bacon, ham, or sausage along with cheddar and jack cheeses, pico de gallo, two eggs, and choice of bread. Egg dishes, including the spinach and bacon omelet topped with hollandaise sauce, are also on the menu.
The Wooden Spoon
The Wooden Spoon started as a catering company and expanded to include a friendly brick-and-mortar shop serving American and international delights. Some of the delicious options customers rave about are the breakfast casserole in a meat or veggie version with hash browns and cheese, fluffy biscuits with gravy and the breakfast burrito with eggs, bacon, peppers, onions, cheese, and sour cream. For the brunch crowd who prefers something from the lunch side, try the Philly cheesesteak or a grilled panini.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.