Indianapolis – or Indy, as it’s known locally – is perhaps best known for the Indianapolis 500 motor race. With Hoosier hospitality and a vibrant cultural offering, it also has a storied sports scene, must-see museums, contemporary cuisine and bustling businesses. Its eclectic hotel scene is suitable for every flavor of traveler, and we’ve picked out the best hotels in Indianapolis – bookable wit Culture Trip.
Located in downtown Indianapolis, the Conrad hotel in Indianapolis has excellent service, spacious suites and beautifully designed interiors. Each of the guest rooms comes traditionally furnished and feature spectacular views across the city, while the suites take inspiration from certain art movements, with the Modernism, Pop and Surrealist options offering a unique stay. If you’re looking for a little more in the way of rest and recuperation, check out the in-house spa and salon.
Le Meridien is a short walk from several attractions such as the Indiana Convention Center, Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indianapolis Zoo. So close to the convention center, this Indianapolis hotel caters for business travelers with ergonomically designed workstations, high-speed internet and in-room coffee service. If you’re looking for a bite to eat, stop by in-house restaurant, Spoke & Steele, offering a contemporary menu and sleek setting.
As the name suggests, the Ironworks, found at Keystone Crossing, promotes the rich industrial history of Indianapolis while offering a first-rate stay. The rooms, while drawing inspiration from the industrial ethos, still offer contemporary comforts such as rainfall showers, quality bathrobes and Keurig coffee makers. Stop by Provision, the in-house eatery, which offers a modern menu with sustainable and locally sourced ingredients.
Built for the business traveler, Mint House hotel in Indianapolis has plenty of instinctive room features to improve the work-while-away experience. Keyless room entry using your cell phone, extra-spacious work desks and ultrafast complimentary internet, should do the trick. Much more like an apartment then your standard hotel rooms, each suite features an in-room kitchen, washer and dryer and smart TV.
Next door to the Indiana Convention Center and a short walk from Lucas Oil Stadium, the Hyatt Regency is in a prime location. Each of the 499 rooms come with plenty of perks, from full concierge and room services to a fitness center and pool access. With such great links to both the stadium and convention center, the Hyatt Regency is an ideal choice for both sports fans and business travelers.
Connected to the Fashion Mall at Keystone, a luxury shopping center home to top labels, the Sheraton is an upmarket offering slightly out of central Indianapolis. Each of the spacious suites is crafted with comfort in mind, featuring pillow-top mattresses, room service and king-size beds as standard. Guests are welcome to a complimentary continental breakfast in the restaurant, the Keystone Café, plus access to the heated indoor pool.
Looking for more great accommodation options in Indianapolis? Check out our guide to the city’s top hotels – bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.