Wrigleyville, named for the legendary Wrigley Field, has been home to the Chicago Cubs since the stadium’s construction in 1914. Restaurateurs set up shop here in their droves too, helping to define Wrigleyville against the greater Lakewood neighborhood it carved itself out of. Here’s our selection of the best food joints the area has to offer today.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Byron’s Hot Dog Haus
For the complete Chicago dog experience, head to Byron’s Hot Dog Haus in Wrigleyville. The traditional Chicago hot dog has seven key ingredients besides the bun and the Vienna beef, including mustard, onion, relish, dill pickle, tomato slices, sport peppers, and celery salt, plus lettuce, green pepper and cucumber! Byron’s delivers on all accounts, and makes for the perfect place to eat before a Cubs game.
Deleece Restaurant elevates the typical fare expected on game day, all in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. From its exposed-brick walls, to the outdoor patio, Deleece is a friendly environment to bring your family, but romantic enough for a date. Before heading to the Mercury Theater for a show, try the popular amish chicken, or the molasses carmelized pork chop, to initiate a great night out in Wrigleyville.
Chicago is definitely a city that loves its meat, ever since its meatpacking industry exploded in the Industrial Revolution. In combination with the history of the reverence for all things meat in Argentina, Tango Sur makes a perfect fit in Wrigleyville. Its sleek, candle-lit ambiance attests to the quality of the food, which borders on the sublime. The empanadas served with garlic and parsley sauce are the perfect appetizer, while el filet, the jewel of this steakhouse, remains unchallenged in all of Wrigleyville.
There’s no need to go south for great barbeque with Wrigley BBQ serving it up and at great prices. This wood burning, slow-cooking smoke house uses the best organic meats available, with local ingredients for their many classic sides. Selling meat by the pound, Wrigley BBQ also makes for great takeaway in one of Chicago’s more pricey neighborhoods.
The Chicago Diner
The Chicago Diner has boldly ventured into the vegan world. Creating an atmosphere unlike any other typical American diner, the owners of The Chicago Diner entertain an alternative clientèle, and are now experiencing national success. Yes sir, from their famed Radical Rueben, to their avocado tostadas and their hugely popular slated caramel and cookie dough vegan milkshakes, this one has plenty to please even the most raging carnivore!
Heating & Cooling Pub
Heating & Cooling Pub (HVAC) boasts an impressive draught listing, great rock’n’roll and pizza by the slice. A multi-level pub, HVAC Pub has an airy yet trendy setup, an upstairs with views of Wrigley Field, an outdoor patio and many flat screen TVs to prevent any unfortunate fans from missing the baseball action.
The Pick Me Up Café
The Pick Me Up Café serves the neighborhood like few other establishments can: offering late night services for any kind of hunger, whether it be for sweet or savory. The vegan nachos and chicken ranch wrap come highly recommended, and for breakfast, their clown combo with a side of pancakes hits the spot. However, be sure to visit The Pick Me Up during late night for something sweet, like the red velvet triple chocolate crêpe, or the snickers chocolate cheese cake.
Pizza Rustica Italian Bistro & Bar
When it comes to pizza, Pizza Rustica stays true to its northern Italian roots; offering a thin crust instead of the classic Chicago-style deep dish pizza. That said, the pizza here has developed both a local and regional following for its trademark buttery crust. There are also other pastas and sandwiches to supplement the menu, and a friendly atmosphere that keeps customers coming back for more.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.