Connected to the mainland by a series of bridges, Miami Beach is a sun-kissed wonderland of oceanfront restaurants, open-air galleries, rooftop cocktail bars, and those world-famous white beaches. The island city is best known for its pastel Art Deco Historic District, featuring more than 800 protected buildings from the 1920s, ’30s, and ’40s, but you’ll be equally smitten with these top-notch hotels for every budget.
Nightly jazz, sunrise yoga classes, and poetry readings make this family-owned hotel a serene and refined retreat from the nonstop whirlwind of Ocean Drive. As a guest at the Betsy, you can wind down in stylish rooms with personal libraries, walnut floors, and alpaca bed throws or order drinks in the art-filled lobby. The hotel also has a cafe, a pizzeria, and an ice-cream counter for casual meals, but the upmarket LT Steak & Seafood is a must-visit for wagyu skirt steak served with hand-cut parmesan fries and truffle aioli.
Inspired by the decor of a 1930s ocean liner, the Albion Hotel gives you a chance to live the art deco dream without blowing your budget. Rooms are equally nautical with bold navy accents and Aveda bath products, while the elevated palm-fringed pool has peekaboo portholes for the full-ship sensation. Lincoln Road Mall, South Beach nightlife, and the powder-soft beach with a private lounge are all within walking distance.
This retro-chic hotel on Collins Avenue is a colorful alternative to Miami Beach’s flashier big-name options. Instead, this independently owned property has a laid-back feel perfect for younger couples and solo guests, with a pretty courtyard, travel-themed artwork, and a tranquil pool. The beach is just across the road, and you can toast Florida’s sunshine with a fruity rum cocktail in the hotel’s secret WunderGarden, which also hosts live music and yoga sessions.
Understated Nobu is tucked inside the huge Eden Roc at the northern end of Miami Beach, giving you two hotels for the price of one. The Japanese-inspired hotel has a simple, streamlined feel with paper lanterns, natural materials, and Natura Bissé amenities. You’ll have access to a tranquil spa and pool, plus priority reservations at the celebrated Nobu restaurant, which you can also order from via room service. For livelier days, you can also use Eden Roc’s three pools, restaurants, and beachfront cabanas.
Within strolling distance of clubs, restaurants, and shops, but in a calmer enclave of Miami’s liveliest neighborhood, the art deco Plymouth is a sophisticated South Beach option. Lounge by the chic 1940s pool or on the private beach. Shape up with a morning bootcamp session or sunset yoga, or linger over homemade sushi in the renowned Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill. Tasteful rooms in shades of white and blush pink come with illy espresso machines and cocktail trolleys.
This hip eco-hotel on Collins Avenue is as popular with Miami residents as it is with well-heeled tourists, thanks to its healthy cafe, stylish Bamford Wellness Spa, and weekend Barefoot Brunch at Wave, complete with a live DJ, elaborate seafood dishes, and bottomless rosé. Those lucky enough to be staying can also enjoy an adults-only rooftop pool with 360-degree views, a pool-size hot tub, and attentive service on the hotel’s 600ft (183m) beach. Rooms are stylish with yoga mats, Nespresso machines, filtered water taps, and organic cotton sheets.
Get a taste of the high life at this exclusive members-only club, set on a private island reachable only by ferry or helicopter. A champagne checkin will welcome you to the 15 sumptuous Mediterranean-inspired suites, housed in the original Vanderbilt Mansion from the 1930s. Each suite comes with a golf cart to whisk you away to the island’s tennis courts, spa, elegant restaurants, observatory, theater, and private aviary, where you can catch a glimpse of flamingoes and tropical birds.
Whether you choose a shared same- or mixed-sex dorm, a private room, or a sleek, contemporary suite, Generator’s priceless location on Collins Avenue means you’ll be on the beach in two minutes flat. If even that sounds like hard work, relax by the budget hotel’s pool with a craft cocktail, hang out in the airy, Cuban-influenced communal areas or enjoy lazy lunches at Jim & Neesie, where standout dishes include the classic cacio e pepe with house-made fettuccine and black truffle.
For more options, discover our guide to the best places to stay in Miami and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.