Visitors making a trip to Miami are very likely to end up at South Beach at some point. This is where all the magic happens—from getting a golden tan, to spending the morning drinking frozen cocktails, to getting your dance on long into the night at one of the city’s infamous clubs. Here’s 10 of the top things to do, and you won’t want to miss any of it!
Visit Espanola Way
This little area on South Beach is filled with Spanish colonial architecture and open-air European streets, where you can walk along and enjoy people-watching, grabbing a coffee, or sitting for a glass of wine or lunch. It’s absolutely beautiful during the day and would make a great place for a stroll under the warm Miami sunshine. It’s also a wonderful place to sit and have dinner with friends or partner and is very romantic. The streets are lined with restaurants and cafés, all underneath little twinkling strings of café lights.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Have a massive cocktail at Sugar Factory
Kylie Jenner brought a lot of attention to this Miami hot spot with photos on social media of her appearance at the grand opening of Sugar Factory. This spot boasts HUGE cocktails made for sharing with friends, that are filled to the brim with liquor, syrups, and candy! There are several to choose from, including Lollipop Passion, Bubba Bubba Gum, Ocean Blue, and sunshine Tea. These drinks will cost some bucks, but let’s face it, it’s totally worth the photo op.
Visit Lincoln Road Mall
If looking to hit a bunch of favorite stores all in one shot, this is the place to go. There’s nothing better than hitting the beach in the morning and then going for some afternoon lunch and shopping. Here, visitors will find stores like Zara, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Aldo, American Eagle, Anthropologie, and Lacoste. There’s also a great independent bookstore called Books and Books that is a must-see for people who love reading. The streets are lined with restaurants as well, making it a perfect stop for lunch, a drink, or dinner, and Sundays it boasts a farmer’s market.
Dance at Story nightclub
For house and electronic music fans, Story is the club. This spot, located towards South Pointe, is one where visitors will have to dress their best to get in. Pull out your sexiest dress and highest heels, and get ready for a night of drinks, dancing, and confetti falling from the ceiling. This luxe club hosts some of the world’s greatest DJs and is always a blast. This is the place to hit if you’re looking to dance all night, and want to listen to EDM over hip-hop.
Get late-night eats at Big Pink
The best part about hitting Story nightclub, is that you can walk over to Big Pink afterwards for drunk munchies! This diner, which is open super late (5 a.m. on Friday and Saturday), has a menu filled with delicious foods, and the portions are great. Choose from monstrous-sized salads, to huge wraps and sandwiches, quesadillas, burgers, and buckets of buffalo chicken tenders. Nothing hits the spot late at night like Big Pink does, and you’ll be sure to get some real bang for your buck here, too.
Have a drink at The Broken Shaker
It’s always a full house at this romantic bar located in the Freehand. Here you’ll find brilliant mixed cocktails made with fresh ingredients and house-made syrups, which kick the cheap well drinks to the curb. Order a Fruit and Nut Old Fashioned for a taste of smokey sweetness, or try one of their infamous punches from the punch bowl. The Broken Shaker serves poolside lunch and cocktails, and when the sun goes down it becomes a little oasis where people from all over come and play games, talk and unwind, and enjoy a good cocktail beneath twinkling fairy lights.
Swing by the World Erotic Art Museum
For those people who haven’t seen the WEAM yet, you need to. This quirky museum is filled with lots of historical artifacts and information about ancient sexual practices, the role of sex in different cultures, and all-around just really cool stuff. If you need to kill some time before heading out to dinner, maybe grab a friend and head to this spot. You can both enjoy the historic information about sex throughout human history while also giggling at penis-shaped things.
Spend the day at the beach (with a frozen cocktail)
This spot is the place to be when drenched in sweat from being at the beach and in need of chilling out with something tasty, and alcoholic! The name is Wet Willie’s, and you’ll want to take a break from the South Beach heat for a large cup of Call-A-Cab, Mango, and Sex on the Beach. Okay, maybe you don’t like that mix of flavors, but Wet Willie’s lets you mix all the flavors you want, no matter how weird (or pretty!) it may look. You have an entire wall to choose from, and after you’re done with one cup, you’ll be buzzed enough to go back and get more sun and water.
Do some yoga on the beach
There is a group that meets up throughout the week for yoga on the beach right before sundown. If you’re lucky enough to catch them and really need to stretch and do some yoga to wind down from the day, this is the best spot. There is nothing like getting to heal and breathe right on the beach by the water, which is so much nicer than any yoga studio. You can breathe in the salt and sea, and engage in a beautiful yoga practice that will have you stretching while you watch the sky burst into pastel rainbows at sunset.
Try stand-up paddleboarding
Miami is a great place for all kinds of water sports—kayaking, jet skiing, and yes, even stand up paddleboarding! This summer haven boasts great waves and is a perfect spot for learning SUP. Many places around the beach offer SUP classes for beginners and group classes for people who want to go out and get a workout with friends. SurfMiamiBeach.com offers surfing and SUP classes, and once visitors have mastered the basics and feel pretty comfortable, there are different places around the beach that offer night and sunset paddleboard classes.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.