The town of Ft. Pierce, Florida, offers an eclectic mix of southern charm, seaside ports and stretches of natural Atlantic Ocean shoreline. With an historical downtown set on rebuilding its commerce, Ft. Pierce offers much to do, from live theatrical and musical entertainment, to Deep Sea fishing charters and a Saturday Green Market. While in town, here are 10 recommendations for top-notch dining.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Located in a shipyard, 12A Buoy is considered by the locals to be one of the best dining experiences in town. The indoor and al fresco atmosphere is laid back and rustic, akin to the surrounding water and marina that harbors large ships. Make a reservation and then try to the clam or conch chowder, blackened mahi mahi plate, lobster mac-n-cheese and the lobster stuffed portabella mushroom.
Chuck’s Seafood Restaurant
Chuck’s Seafood Restaurant is great for a celebratory meal. Looking for a waterfront date locale, this is the place. The menu prices are higher than average for the Ft. Pierce area, but fresh-off-the-boat seafood and waterfront atmosphere are worth it. Be sure to make reservations. From the menu, order the fried grouper, blackened mahi, or the crab cake dinner.
On The Edge
On The Edge is literally on the edge of the Ft. Pierce inlet. This two-story alfresco dining favorite includes live music from a tiki hut adorned in head-to-toe wood and palm frons. Watch the fishing yachts float by as you indulge in fresh seafood or drink at the bar. From the menu, don’t miss the shrimp Po’ Boy sandwich, Blue Crab Caprese salad with avocado, or the fresh grouper blackened with beurre blanc sauce.
S & S Takeout is one of the most socially and environmentally conscious business in the St. Lucie County area. The building is made from completely refurbished materials and the restaurant composts, recycles, buys locally from the Green Market down the street, and takes all the steps to make it a sustainable eco-conscious gem. All food at S&S is made from scratch and the menu changes daily. Try the grilled chicken teriyaki, pastry wrapped salmon, open faced corned beef reuben on a pretzel roll, beef and basmati rice stuffed peppers.
A slogan like ‘No shoes, No Shirt, No Problem’ has made Archie’s Seabreeze one of the most easy-going, breezy restaurants in Ft. Pierce. Maybe it has something to do with being located directly across from the beach, or maybe it has something to do with its biker bar-meets-church-service atmosphere. Everyone is welcome at Archie’s. Breakfast is great here. From the menu get the bloody Mary and American breakfast or for lunch, get the award-winning eight-ounce burger.
Krazyfish is located in the beautiful, historic downtown district of Ft. Pierce. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant offers delicious Asian-fusion cuisine. For lunch, there are three different Bento Box’s to choose from, offering an assortment of sushi and sashimi options to select from. From the sushi menu order the, wahoo tataki, tiger eye, spicy tuna guacamole or the hamachi jalapeño.
Sharky’s is a pub style restaurant located adjacent to the Ft. Pierce Inlet State Beach, a well-known surfing locale that attracts surfers and beach-goers from around the state of Florida. Aptly named due to an incredible amount of shark sightings, Sharky’s serves great pub food and beer in a small corner spot across the street from the state park. Watch surf videos and folks in bathing suits and flip flips enter and exit as you chow on fresh fried fish sandwiches and grilled shrimp.
Tillman’s Famous Barbecue
Since 1989, the Tillman’s family slow cooked goodness has graced tables throughout the State of Florida. Tillman’s Famous Barbeque started as roadside barbeque, and grew into a brick-and-mortar restaurant, which led to a Tillman’s food truck. Taste buds will be satisfied at any of these locales. From the menu, order the pulled pork sandwich and barbecue ribs.
Mervis’ Café & Grill
Mervis’ Café & Grill is Ft. Pierce’ s best-kept secret. Serving authentic Cuban fare at more than reasonable prices, this restaurant is located downtown in a shared space with the post office. The parking is limited and the room is small, but the restaurant stays open for breakfast and lunch. From Mervis’ Café & Grill order the media noche sandwich, colada, huevos revueltos with garlic, or any other Cuban-Latin favorite.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.