Welcome to Edgewater, a beautiful and historic residential area in South East Miami, near Biscayne Bay. This day and age, it seems as if there are restaurants springing up from the ground almost over night. People want to eat out and they want their money to go far, and those in the business are paying attention. Restaurant owners, chefs, residents…virtually everybody is feeling the wave of new flavors and creative approaches to cuisine that are playing a role in the evolution of South Florida’s diverse mix of culinary cultures. Here, Culture Trip has prepared a list of Edgewater’s best eateries; one which we hope will be helpful to you on your next night out in the 305.
Latin Cafe 2000
Latin Cafe 2000 has three restaurants in the Miami area, one of the most popular being their Biscayne Blvd location. Fresh ingredients and masterful culinary expertise add up to an authentic and delicious meal every time. This is the go-to place for upscale Latin cuisine at a very reasonable price. The location is elegant and inviting, and the patrons are loyal. They know good food when they’re served it! Latin Cafe also offers catering with versatility, showcasing their artistic culinary creations in both a buffet style, and formal sit down events.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
2501 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL, USA, +1 305 576 3838
Sabor A Peru
Sabor A Peru is the type of place that you might stumble across unwittingly after a morning of shopping in Edgewater. It all starts with someone saying something along the lines of ‘Peruvian food sounds nice, let’s try it’. And so you do, learning shortly thereafter what a brilliant find you just discovered. One of their most popular dishes is the Cau Cau de Mariscos, a dish prepared with fresh chili, fresh seafood (squid, octopus, shrimp and mussels), potatoes, vegetables and aromatic mint that it gives a special touch. The menu is extensive and, yes of course, they have an amazing Peruvian Ceviche.
2923 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL, USA +1 305 573 6736
Our guide of groovy eateries takes us from the north end of Edgewater, where Bin No. 18 is located, to the southern end, near the Miami Marriott at Biscayne Bay. Mignonette is the name of the place, and seafood is what they specialize in. Nobody in the neighborhood can compete with chefs Daniel Surfer and Bobby Frank, as they combine their extensive knowledge and experience to deliver the most authentic and delicious seafood from the kitchen to your plate. We highly recommend an order of fresh oysters to start. For fish connoisseurs we suggest ordering the pan roasted grouper, which comes with a czarina sauce that will rock your world.
210 NE 18th St, Miami, FL, USA +1 305 374 4635
The Daily Creative Food Company
The Daily Creative Food Company in South Edgewater specializes in two things: gourmet breakfast, and custom made creations that go between two slices of bread. There is no debate, if you’re in the neighborhood looking to go out for either of these then The Daily Creative Food Company is your only choice. Loaded home fries, with crispy bacon and over-easy eggs, is the definition of a hearty and delicious meal. For a full list of their famous sandwiches click here.
2001 Biscayne Blvd #109, Miami, FL, USA +1 305 573 4535
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.