Adventure Island is the biggest water park in Tampa Bay, Florida – a place for the whole family to make a splash, riding the Calypso Coaster, hurtling about the Aruba Tuba and mastering the waves of the Endless Surf pool. When little legs are drained and young ones want to hit the sack, it makes sense to have somewhere to stay nearby – try these great hotels, bookable with Culture Trip.
Need a peaceful hotel away from the action? The Hampton Inn & Suites should be on your radar. The 127-room property guarantees calm after a tough day at the water parks, with muted decor and comfortable king and queen beds. There’s a spacious sundeck, so you’ll always get a spot by the pool, and the adjacent picnic area and grill are great social spots. Fill up at the hot breakfast buffet bar before boarding the free shuttle bus, which serves Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, among the many nearby theme parks.
For a medium-sized hotel, the Residence Inn Tampa has impressive facilities, not to mention a great location – Lettuce Lake Conservation Park is on its doorstep. Other holiday faves – including Adventure Island and numerous museums – are just a 20-minute drive away. All studios and suites are clean and plain, with Mad Men-stylish furniture. Dip in the outdoor pool come morning, or hit the fitness center and tennis courts. If you miss the free buffet breakfast, fear not – there are restaurants aplenty within walking distance.
Are you an incurable spender? You’ll be in your element staying here – right next to upscale International Plaza and Bay Street shopping area. There’s a slight Spanish feel to the hotel, with avant-garde decor and an understated atmosphere. A neatly landscaped patio area surrounds the spacious pool and whirlpool – your spot for some much-needed rest after a tough day of retail therapy – order a wood-fired pizza from the pool bar. Breakfast and dinner are served at Gabriella’s restaurant, or you can pop into the laid-back lobby bar for handcrafted cocktails and coffee.
Right beside Adventure Island and Busch Gardens, this smart, functional property has all the expected creature comforts in spacious studios and one-bedroom suites. Kitchenettes make them practical for self-caterers – family-friendly, too – and dogs are very welcome. There’s a fitness center and a saline outdoor pool, while buffet breakfast comes free – never leave hungry when heading off on your adventures.
Bronzed by a day of Florida’s tropical sun, guests return to a relaxed and friendly vibe at Courtyard Tampa Downtown – join them on the enclosed terrace and socialize beside the outdoor pool. The lobby has plenty of seating, and crowds like to congregate there for a chat before heading out. If you’d rather stay in, take a table at the lively Bistro restaurant for burgers, wings and meat-free treats (or grab a latte from the in-house Starbucks). If you’re sporty, head for the 24-hour gym, and keep tabs on the national action, broadcast on the dedicated big screen.
Fairfield Inn at Fairgrounds/Casino is a classy affair, with businesslike rooms of mature tan, white and black shades. The place is a hit with those who fancy a flutter at neighboring Hard Rock Casino, and the vibe is young and friendly, with staff renowned for their happiness to help. Grab-and-go breakfast is complimentary, and dinner delivery from local restaurants is available. Whether you want to idle in the outdoor pool or discover the attractions of downtown Tampa, this is your perfect base.
Enjoy your last morning swim before jetting off at the TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport. Its main appeal is, naturally, its proximity to the airport, and the self-contained accommodation is ideal for nights before an early flight home. With a free self-service breakfast to fill you up, and a shuttle bus service to take you to the terminals, there’s no danger of missing the plane. Of course, there are plenty of reasons to stay longer, especially if you have a car.
Looking for something different? Embrace maximum relaxation with a stay at one of the best hotels with pools in Tampa or bring your favorite four-legged pal for a stay at one of the best pet-friendly hotels in the city, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.