Whether an understated Art Deco gem teeming with nightlife or a colorful boutique hotel with a glorious view, these top cheap hotels in Miami Beach, bookable with Culture Trip, offer the best in affordability and variety.
Situated in the Mid-Beach neighborhood, Circa 39 Hotel has a colorful and youthful spirit. Inside, teak and white finishes complement accent walls with orange-patterned wallpaper. The hotel’s rooms are spread between two buildings and feature vibrant custom furnishings, beach-inspired themes and hardwood floors. When it comes to happy hour, visit WunderBar, where the mixologists serve handcrafted cocktails using top-shelf rums from around the world. The restaurant, Jules Kitchen, keeps with the well-traveled theme, serving comfort food such as tacos and hummus. The poolside scene is generally lively, with curtained beds for privacy.
The AC Hotel by Marriott is a modern and affordable Miami Beach hotel with 150 rooms and elegantly understated decor. A gallerist curates the rotating collection of local contemporary art on display in the lobby. Guest rooms are spacious with a minimalist design and feature comfortable beds and floor-to-ceiling windows. Classic cocktails are served alongside tapas at the hotel’s Gin + Collins lounge, featuring tall, tufted banquette seating and a stylish marble bar. A rooftop patio boasts ocean views, cabanas and a small but chic infinity pool. Enjoy all of the area’s attractions while staying in one of Miami Beach’s hottest up-and-coming neighborhoods.
This trendy boutique hotel in the heart of South Beach’s Art Deco Historic District is the perfect location to revel in Miami’s hedonistic tendencies. Dream South Beach’s 108 uniquely designed retro rooms are moderately priced and have the atmosphere of a moody nightclub, complete with colorful lights and brocade-upholstered cushions. Catering to a younger crowd, HIGHBAR – a 1970s-inspired rooftop pool and lounge – has guest DJs and high-energy parties most nights. The in-house restaurant, Naked Taco, serves elevated Mexican food in a casual and lively setting with a variety of margaritas to complement your meal. Rejuvenate at the on-site Shala Spa, which offers massages, facials and even a daily chakra cleansing.
Originally built in 1939, this historic oceanfront hotel is a South Beach legacy. Located in the heart of the Art Deco Historic District, the National Hotel exemplifies vintage style, from its original terrazzo floors and curvilinear recessed ceilings to its iconic 205ft (62m) swimming pool. Adding to its throwback appeal, the rooms are adorned with rich cherry-wood headboards and polished-chrome bedside lamps. The hotel’s famous Blues Bar recalls Miami’s golden era, slinging crafted cocktails coupled with live jazz on the weekends. Serving classic French cuisine, Tamara’s Bistro offers elegant dishes such as grilled oysters and sirloin au poivre. With reasonably priced rooms, you get a lot of bang for your buck.
This budget Miami Beach hotel is set along the quaint walking street Española Way, a few minutes from the ocean in South Beach. With a pink-stucco facade and Spanish-tile roofs, El Paseo Hotel comprises five three-story villas. Painted in pastel hues of turquoise and seafoam green, the guest quarters are surprisingly spacious and contain Juliet balconies overlooking the bustling avenue below. Although services are limited, there are plenty of options for dining and entertainment at the restaurants, bars and shops directly downstairs. Head down to the sand where the dedicated Beach Club offers chairs and towels for guests.
Casa Faena – the sister property of the luxurious Faena Hotel – is an affordable Spanish-style boutique hotel with a lovely garden terrace. The bright and airy rooms feature handwoven Argentinian throw blankets and pillows, creating a comfortable atmosphere. Serving bold Mexican flavors, the spacious on-site restaurant, Gitano, is open for lunch and dinner. Guests also have access to the facilities at the Faena Hotel, including the Tierra Santa Spa.
Located close to the southern point of South Beach, the Local House feels like a home rather than a hotel, complete with soft blue interiors and whitewashed wooden furniture. The cozy rooms feature ocean-themed accents, and some even have balconies with lovely ocean views. For local cuisine and cocktails to suit every palate, visit the Local House Restaurant, and for exploring the area, the hotel offers complimentary bikes.
This historic Mediterranean Revival property was built in the 1930s, and although it’s undergone a redesign with contemporary touches, a vintage charm still shines through. Two blocks from the beach on Washington Avenue, Kimpton Angler’s Hotel has plenty of lush landscaping, creating an atmosphere that is private and serene. There are 132 rooms, including modern-style suites with floor-to-ceiling windows and modest original lofts. Adjacent to the lobby is the Minnow Bar, adequately stocked for cocktails and wine. The adults-only rooftop pool is the perfect spot to take in a sunset or soak up the sun. The hotel also offers complimentary bicycles for exploring the city and yoga mats upon request.
Sister to the luxurious Shelborne Hotel, the Gale South Beach is a laid-back alternative. Sitting just across the street on Collins Avenue, enjoy Miami’s finer side without the hefty price tag. Set in a timeless Art Deco-style building, the vintage glamour is tastefully accentuated with a color palette of cream and navy blues and dark hardwood flooring. The hotel’s 87 guest suites play on its classic appeal with vintage-style furniture and framed black-and-white photos. Downstairs, Dolce Italian is a local favorite serving creative cuisine, such as ricotta cavatelli. With throwback drinks and live jazz, the Regent Cocktail Club is a Miami nightlife mainstay.
For more budget-friendly options, discover our guide to the best hostels in Miami Beach and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.