Little Havana in Miami, Florida is an established, prominent Cuban community. Centered around the historical Calle Ocho, Little Havana is a cultural hub. Here are its best restaurants.
Open for more than 40 years, Versailles is one of the most famous Cuban restaurants. The menu is vast and features dishes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night dining. Try the croquettes or paella, a few of the tastiest menu items. Each day of the week has a specials menu, so you can always try something different. This Cuban classic is central to the Little Havana community, and is even a hot spot for local politicians.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
restaurant, Seafood, $
This seafood joint knows how to do fish the right way and the best way. La Camaronera, meaning The Shrimp, offers delectable seafood dishes at an astounding price. The restaurant features many different dishes, but obviously shrimp is what they do best. Enjoy shrimp tacos, fried shrimp, breaded shrimp sandwiches, and more.
El Cristo Restaurant
restaurant, Sandwich Shop, Cafe, Diner, Cuban, $
Not only is the food at El Cristo delicious, it’s beautiful as well. Plated to perfection, this restaurant is a popular choice for catering. As pretty as the food may be, though, it’s not too pretty to eat. Relish in every bite until you’re scrounging for more. Come here for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and enjoy dishes such as ceviche or empanadas. This place is best to visit with a small group of friends or on a date night.
restaurant, Cuban, Caribbean, Spanish
La Carreta translates to “the oxcart” in English, and these carts, used to transport sugar cane from the plantations, were wildly popular in Cuba. An oxcart is very strong, so the restaurant, La Carreta, lives up to its name. It holds the weight of the Cuban culture by cooking authentic cuisine. Little Havana, Miami is a Cuban paradise; La Carreta is an oasis in this paradise.
El Rey de las Fritas
Why have a burger and fries when you can have a burger with fries inside? Known for their Cuban interpretation of the American hamburger, this restaurant serves sandwiches and burgers that are stuffed to the brim with shoestring French fries. This restaurant’s name means “the king of the potatoes,” and El Rey takes this title seriously. This particular burger dish is called a cubana frita, and El Rey de las Fritas is the best place in Little Havana to get one.
El Rincon Asturiano
Market, restaurant, Austrian, Seafood, $
Mixing it up a little bit, El Rincon is not a Cuban restaurant, but rather a Spanish restaurant. The traditional fare from Spain includes tapas, paella, fresh seafood dishes, and more. Plus, the restaurant has an in-house delicatessen. Purchase Spanish cold cuts, olive oils, wines, and other take-home delectables. Typical of Spain, each day has a different fixed menu that offers an appetizer and main course, but they have so many options that you can feel free to go off script.
Cafe, restaurant, Cuban, $
It’s impossible to go to Islas Canarias and not find something delicious to eat. The menu is extremely extensive, and offers everything from the American chicken fingers and hamburgers to Spanish omelets to Italian pasta. The restaurant also has an accompanying cafe for a simpler experience with lighter menu options. They also offer both catering options and a drive-thru.
restaurant, Spanish, $$
Listed in Zagat Survey’s America’s Top Restaurants , Juancho’s is the place for fine Spanish cuisine. Over the years they’ve received more than a dozen accolades for their warm atmosphere, delicious food, and wine. The wine list is very extensive, featuring bottles from five separate countries. Though this may be a fancier joint, they still know how to have a good time. Live music is played daily, and it’s not uncommon for customers to get up and start dancing to the beat.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.