Curated by Cuban exiles in the sixties, Little Havana offers everything from Latin American art to cigar specialists and great coffee in Miami, Florida. Of course, it’s not just coffee on the menu in Cuba; you’d be hard pressed to traverse the streets of Havana without passing a lively cocktail bar on most corners – so why should Little Havana be any different? We list the top spots, from traditional bars to some local watering holes that may surprise you.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
La Esquina de la Fama
This hole-in-the-wall restaurant serves classic Cuban and Latin American dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, the real stars of this establishment are the delicious mojitos; locals claim that they are the best in Little Havana. Open all day and well into the night, it’s a great place to stop for happy hour after work or before you go out for the night.
Happy Wine, Calle Ocho
Though small, this mom-and-pop shop promises a whole lot of enjoyment for any wine aficionado. There are over 1,000 premium wines available, varying in type, year, price, and size. No wonder they named it Happy Wine. There’s a small menu of tapas, panini, salads, and desserts to perfectly compliment any drink. Beginning at 6:00pm Wednesdays through Saturdays, the atmosphere is transformed by live music. Saturday afternoons feature a free wine tasting and on Mondays and Tuesdays you can enjoy ‘Moët Around the Clock’ – a happy hour where the price matches the time. If it’s 5pm, a glass only costs $5 – get there early.
CubaOcho Museum and Performing Arts Centre
Located on the Calle Ocho, this facility supports all things artistic. Their extensive collection of works, mostly by Cuban artists, spans from 1850 to 1958. The center is focused on educating the community on art, music and literature, and puts on events such as salsa dancing every Thursday, Tango on Tuesdays, and live music and festivals throughout the year.
Casa Panza Cafe
Though most of the bars and restaurants in Little Havana celebrate the Cuban culture, Casa Panza is Spanish, which makes it a great place to try something new. Discover Iberian cuisine or enjoy a dynamic performance of flamenco music and dancing. The inner decor resembles a warm cave, so make this casa your own cozy oasis.
Ball & Chain
In 1935, Ball & Chain opened as a saloon, featuring live performers such as Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, and Louis Armstrong. This historic bar and lounge closed down after over 25 years, in 1957. Luckily for all residents and visitors of Little Havana, this once-great establishment has reopened and is quickly building up to its former glory. Don’t miss the live performances, karaoke nights, and free salsa classes that are run throughout the week; all while enjoying their delicious and talked about cocktails.
Casa Juancho Restaurant
Juancho’s is the place for fine Spanish cuisine in Little Havana. Over the years, they’ve received over a dozen accolades for their warm atmosphere, delicious food, and wine. The wine list is very extensive, featuring bottles from five separate countries. Though this may be a fancier joint than many in the neighborhood, they still know how to have a good time. Live music is played daily and it’s not uncommon for customers to get up and start dancing.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.