The largest city in Florida – and the contiguous United States – lays on streets full of surprises and perk-packed places to stay. Here are the best hotels in Jacksonville – all bookable on Culture Trip.
Jacksonville, aka J-Ville, is so underrated. It’s a good way from Miami, yet still lays on amazing beaches. It may not have as many pro teams as Tampa, but it’s still a great destination for sports fans. It can’t compete with Orlando’s man-made thrills and spills, but it does lay on heartfelt hospitality of a distinctly Southern kind. Especially when it comes to its distinguished Jacksonville hotels – with options tailored for every type of traveler.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
No vacation to here is complete without a trip to Amelia Island, and no trip to Amelia Island delivers an oceanside experience quite like the Ritz-Carlton beach resort in Jacksonville. You can savor flavors from around the world at upmarket restaurant Salt or get stuck into fresh local treats at Coast. Many guests are content to spend days on the beach soaking up the sun, but we think trading a few hours of sand for signature full-body treatments at the spa will enhance your trip. However you choose to relax, make sure it includes room service delivered to your oceanfront balcony.
One Ocean believes that a spa day should last a whole weekend, and at this beach resort in Jacksonville it will. The Ocean Mist facial, Windsurfer massage, and Beachcomber manicure will leave you feeling reborn. Treat your taste buds to a little indulgence too, with lobster rolls, avocado toast and dragon-berry mojitos at Azurea restaurant. When you’re not lounging by the pool or the sea, there’s bottled water and fresh coffee in your suite to drink on your balcony while admiring the ocean.
What would you do with 1,350 acres (546ha) of island bliss and almost 4mi (6km) of pristine beach? Would you spend your days swimming in the world-class resort pools or getting hot-stone massages at a spa? Would you play all 18 holes of a championship golf course or eat your way through nine restaurants full of the freshest seafood in the state? Perhaps you’d play tennis on a Har-Tru clay court before kayaking through serene Floridian waters? No need to limit yourself when you stay at at this hotel in Jacksonville – you’re free to indulge in it all.
Cozy and intimate, Seaside Amelia Inn on Fernandina Beach is close to twon yet feels detached from the rest of the world. Instead of calling this boutique beachfront hotel in Jacksonville a hidden gem, the term “old friend” is perhaps more applicable. Who else would offer you freshly baked cookies with lemonade, renovated rooms to ensure you feel completely at home, and also steer you towards the best local restaurants and secret spots that are far from the tourist track?
If you’re looking for lashings of grandeur and grace on your Florida vacation you need Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. It’s been delivering the goods for generations. At this luxury hotel in Jacksonville there are perks for all the family to enjoy, among them four heated swimming pools, 36 holes of golf, a playground and nursery for children, and miles of beachside. Expect nothing but the best, and you’ll get it at Ponte Vedra.
Let’s hope you packed a new set of grips because you’re going to get a lot of practice on the golf greens during your stay here. Be sure to explore the rest of this Jacksonville resort, too: the spa includes a steam room, lap pool, fitness classes and a restaurant. Six different dining spots have diverse menus and experiences, including viewing native wildlife at American Gator Club or mingling with fellow golfers over cocktails at the Great Room Lobby Lounge. And the beach? Made for sunsets, all crimson and lovely.
It’s not far from Omni Amelia Island, but Omni Jacksonville is no facsimile. This riverwalk Jacksonville hotel in the heart of downtown is ground zero for business and pleasure. The rooftop heated pool serves up River City views, while the lower levels have a full menu of fine-dining options: fancy grilled Atlantic salmon at Juliette’s Bistro? How about warm bourbon pecan pie from J Bar? We doubt you’ll spend much time in your room: TIAA Bank Field, Memorial Arena and Times Union Center are right around the corner.
This Aloft wants to reimagine your weekend getaway. Keep your electric car charging outside and take advantage of free shuttle services to anywhere within 5mi (8km) of this hotel in Jacksonville. Grab some late-night munchies at the gourmet pantry Re:fuel and froth your own cappuccino for a morning pick-me-up. Dogs are welcome to stay in your room if you have a buddy. And if you happen to have allergies, you’ll be safe here: Aloft’s allergy-free rooms are a breath of fresh air.
About 25 minutes by car beyond town you’ll find Club Continental on the St John’s River – one of the best hotels near Jacksonville. This Orange Park hotel feels like a refined resort with 300-year-old oak trees, a gurgling fountain and a grand Mediterranean-style mansion rising above sweeping green lawns. Chill in your suite on the river, or splurge on one of the European-styled mansion rooms. Seven tennis courts, three swimming pools and one amazing waterfront restaurant will fill your days – just hope they don’t flit by too quickly.
It’s easy to settle into a nice routine at the boutique Hotel Indigo in Jacksonville. You’ll feel at home with your spa-like bathroom, workspace and kitchenette, and with hotel amenities including a business center and fitness center. The wonderful Deerwood Park neighborhood, once known as Hollywood East, oozes family-friendly atmosphere. You can shop, dine, and catch a few flicks with popcorn. The nearby beaches will remind you that you’re nowhere near home – and close to paradise.
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach goes the extra mile to give both adults and children a memorable time. If you’ve got the whole family with you, you’ll love the nursery, heated lap pool and kid-friendly pool that has a waterslide and splash park at this beachfront hotel in Jacksonville. If it’s you and your partner or friends along for the ride, the oceanfront adults-only pool and jacuzzi will quickly become your favorite spot, when you’re not drinking craft beers in the Tavern or getting much-needed me-time in the spa.
Personalized service is all you’ll know at Riverdale Inn, a quaint 11-room historic bed and breakfast on St John’s River. A turn-of-the century mansion, it’s now beloved by travelers seeking a relaxed time in the Five Points district of Jacksonville. You must accept an invitation to afternoon tea with the owners so they can regale you with the history of the area – and point you to local attractions.
Fancy staying at a stunning hotel by the beach? Check out the best beach hotels to book in Jacksonville, Florida, or for more plush hotels in Florida, check out our guide to the most beautiful boutique hotels to book in Florida, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.