Rooftop parties, endless Atlantic waves and arguably the best Cuban food off the island await in Miami. Whether you’re seeking out the sun, some great shopping opportunities or the swanky lifestyle of South Beach, you’ll find it in this South Florida metropolis.
We’re not surprised that the vacation rentals here are just as diverse as Miami locals, and we’re not ashamed to admit that we’re completely in awe of these cool, classy and downright captivating places to stay, which are scattered from downtown to South Beach. For an independent stay in this vibrant coastal city, book one of these top vacation rentals in Miami with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Art and artisanal foods are on display around these adults-only studios in Wynwood. The Wynwood Walls open-air gallery, Museum of Graffiti and Miami Selfie Museum are four blocks south of these cozy flats. Though these rooms do include modest kitchens, the convenience of the on-site pizzeria and outdoor dining area makes dinner decisions effortless. Other restaurants are within a five-minute walk, but you could also grab a quick bite while browsing the boutique stores in the Miami Shopping District, only a five-minute drive away.
Spend some time getting to know South Miami in La Finca’s one-bedroom cottage. Approximately 5mi (8km) from both the University of Miami and Florida International University, La Finca’s cottage for three features a furnished patio, a full kitchen and a deep soaking bathtub in the single bathroom. While downtown Miami and South Beach are within a 30-minute drive to the north, you can also opt to drive a half-hour south to visit Zoo Miami, the Homestead-Miami Speedway and the entrance to the Everglades.
Shady trees surround the private pool at Le’Toile, where you’re welcome to let your worries float away. Most apartments are one-bedrooms and cater to four to five guests, including the premium unit with a private second patio, but groups of eight can call dibs on the lone two-bedroom unit if needed. The complimentary concierge service comes in handy if you need help snagging tickets to a Heat game or want to book a fabulous boat tour around South Beach.
If you’re searching for a low-key stay, the quiet Cottages El Portal include full kitchens, free on-site parking and relaxing outdoor leisure space. Don’t let the distance from downtown Miami fool you, though; these one-bedroom studios for two are fantastically positioned to discover both the popular and often overlooked parts of the city. MiMo Biscayne Boulevard Historic District and Miami Design Shopping District are fewer than five minutes away, while you can conveniently reach South Beach and downtown Miami within a 20-minute drive.
Pet-friendly? Check. Massive pool? Check. Sensational views of Biscayne Bay? Double-check. These vacation rentals in downtown Miami were designed for travelers who want to be right where the action is. They range from studios that sleep two to three-bedroom apartments for six people. The Mint House is also less than a half-mile (0.8km) away from the American Airlines Arena. Walk a few extra blocks north or south, and you’ll find the Pérez Art Museum, Bayfront Park and a host of shops and restaurants. These comfortable condos are also a 15-minute cab ride from the cruise terminal and the shores of South Beach.
Less than a five-minute walk to South Beach, this two-bedroom 1930s apartment in the Art Deco Historic District is an excellent escape for up to eight. Shopping on Collins Avenue, sipping Cuban coffee and places for dancing the night away under the stars are all within walking distance of this third-story apartment. Though the small kitchen provides a microwave, an oven and a toaster, Mega Pizza, Wet Willie’s and other restaurants in a single-block radius offer up seafood, burgers, cocktails and breakfast plates to fuel your South Beach experience.
Art lovers will enjoy the pop and abstract pieces displayed throughout the Hispaniola House apartments, especially since these one- and two-bedroom suites sleeping four to six guests are less than a mile (1.6km) from the vibrant Art Deco Historic District. A small kitchen and living space make these studios efficient for short stays. If you want to purchase a few artworks of your own, Lincoln Road Mall and the Collins Avenue shopping area are within a five-minute walk.
Casa Gaby is ready to host your entire crew with accommodations for up to 12. Roll from one of the four bedrooms into the private pool, or slide on a pair of flip-flops, and dig your toes into South Beach, only a half-mile (0.8km) away. To soak up the sun without the sand and surf, the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens and Miami Beach Golf Club are ready to host you, just over a mile (1.6km) to the north.
In the Upper East Side of Miami, a little bungalow rests in a tropical oasis of mid-century modern furniture, tucked away behind an array of greenery. Palm trees and other lush flora surround the standalone guesthouse and its neighboring pool, which guests can access during their stay. Also included is a small outdoor breakfast nook – a perfect quiet escape from the bustle of Miami’s day-to-day life. Amenities include a kitchenette, great for whipping up quick breakfasts and stowing leftovers from nearby MiMo restaurants, and hotspots like Miami Beach and Little Havana are less than 20 minutes away.
If you want to bask in a bit of nature on your metropolitan getaway, check into this urban treehouse, on a permaculture farm in the metro Miami area. The private room at the top of this vacation rental in Miami overlooks a mini-jungle, replete with goats, pigs and roosters galore. The outdoor shower and mosquito canopy around the double bed add to the location’s off-the-grid flair, and the quaint oasis is still central to the Little Haiti neighborhood. You’ll also get to enjoy the quirky juxtaposition of passing trains and roaming chickens, as well as experiences such as sailing, kayaking and cycling (for an additional fee).
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.