Miami’s beach and party lifestyle sets the scene for a very unique approach to fashion. While the rest of the northern hemisphere may be clad in demure coats, somber colors, and dress with a “less is more” mentality, the 3-0-5 waves those stringent rules adiós.
The blazing sun makes it too hot to be constricted in heavy fabrics, and what’s the fun in wearing boring colors to an over-the-top yacht party? Miamians slather on the sunscreen, dress in upbeat clothing, and aren’t afraid to show off their shiny bling with extra swagger when they walk down the street.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
In the daytime, men in Miami go casual in a white cotton tee, a pair of pastel shorts, and play it up with an expensive watch, a pair of sleek sunglasses and maybe chic loafers. Linen garments and cotton provide just the right amount of relief in the steamy, humid weather of the tropics. There’s plenty of shopping to do in Lincoln Road Mall for casual attire, for wrist candy the Miami Design District boasts watch brands Omega, Tag Heuer and Hublot.
Note that, unlike other cities, there’s no shame in calling a little attention to yourself. Ostentatious fashion is 100% acceptable here, in fact, it’s the norm. Miamians love color and designer brands, whether that means bright red Ferraris from The Collection or pink polo shirts from Ralph Lauren in Bal Harbour Shops. However flashy the wardrobe may be, it doesn’t have to be in bad taste – dapper gents play with pops of color but still look effortlessly cool.
For an evening out, you should plan for a spectacular outfit. If out to a nightclub, make sure you dress to impress – the doorman won’t let you in if you’re wearing flip flops (even if they are designer). Wear a sleek black blazer, a white tee underneath, a thin gold chain necklace and a diamond earring for extra sparkle. Give your mane a bit of TLC whether you’re keeping it intact with gel (the humidity causes frizz big time), getting a haircut, or covering it up for the night with a fedora. For salon needs, YSV Hair Salon & Spa with locations in Downtown and Miami Beach styles your hair in a swanky space. Gents in the Magic City show off a clean cut style, though there’s a fair share of bearded men lingering about. For the most part, the city looks as if it’s inhabited by movie stars.
The Miami style is to look like a glowing, Apollo – perfect and exuding an air of expensive cologne. It doesn’t hurt to have a six-pack to attract the ladies either, or wear your shirt just a little tight to trace those bulging biceps. However, gentlemen would do well to pair their wonderful wardrobe with good manners. After all, it’s not just clothes that make the man.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.