Whether you’re coming to the Constitution State for a restful seaside getaway, a tranquil nature retreat or an upscale urban escape, you’ll find your perfect destination at one of these premier Connecticut spa hotels, dotted all over the state. Massage is only the beginning of the wellness offerings at these Connecticut hotels, with spa treatments, fitness facilities and spectacular settings all designed to renew your spirit and enhance your health. These are the best spa hotels in Connecticut, now bookable with Culture Trip.
Every aspect of your stay at the Mayflower Inn & Spa is designed to relax your mind and energize your body. This includes the tranquil countryside setting, the sophisticated, individually styled rooms and suites – some with floral-pattered wallpaper, four-poster beds and even a private library – the farm-fresh seasonal tasting menus, comprising the best of locally sourced ingredients and, especially, the extensive menu of wellness offerings. The Well at Mayflower is dedicated to your holistic wellbeing, and it’s got you covered, whether you need an indulgent spa experience (luxurious lavender massage, anyone?), a mindful movement class or integrated health coaching – or, all of the above.
Attend to your whole self – body and soul – at this top-tier Connecticut spa hotel, located on 42 acres (17ha) of gorgeous gardens and age-old oaks in the Connecticut woods. The rooms, suites and fully equipped villas are decorated in warm tones, with dark-wood furnishings and individual touches, such as the two-person jacuzzi tub in the Windsor Suite. To get your body moving, choose from 14 daily fitness classes, ranging from aerobics to Zumba. On-site dining includes New England clam chowder and blackened tuna at elegant Kensington, and smoothies and fresh juices at the Juice Bar. The menu of wellness treatments is also extensive, even including tarot reading and spiritual counseling. For the timeliest self-care, schedule a special seasonal treatment, such as a strawberry lime mani-pedi in summer or a mulled-wine body wrap in winter.
Of the countless perks that might draw you to this Connecticut spa hotel – private sandy beach, award-winning clam chowder and penne alla vodka at Dattilo Fine Italian, extensive entertainment calendar – not the least is the full menu of spa treatments, including body polishes and wraps, facials and massages. A custom Water’s Edge aromatherapy massage promises to cure what ails you, whether harmonizing your nervous system with floral scents or lifting your spirits with citrus. Or take advantage of the seaside setting with a signature seaweed body wrap, before attending a performance by a local band on the weekend. Accommodations-wise, choose between a classic cream-and-blue guest room (splurge on ocean views), a column-bedecked Royal Suite or perhaps a two-bedroom oceanfront villa with a fireplace.
If you want some serious action with your relaxation, the Heritage Hotel is your best bet for a Connecticut hotel, with a spa and a fitness center that cater to the sportiest of travelers. Play a round of golf, volley the tennis ball, shoot some hoops or swim laps in one of two salt-water swimming pools (indoor and outdoor). After your exercise extravaganza, soothe your aching muscles with a soak in the hot tub or a deep-tissue massage in the spa, before retreating to your comfortable room, decked out in neutral shades and livened up with crimson bed runners.
Start your day off right with a continental or American breakfast in the Stamford Marriott’s concierge lounge, where service is always attentive and warm. It’s the first of many highlights at this Connecticut spa hotel – a beacon of hospitality and wellness in downtown Stamford. Besides the well-equipped fitness center, you can get your heart rates going in the spacious heated indoor-outdoor pool. Or, you might opt to go straight to the on-site Agora Spa for a body massage or a foot soak.
If you’ve got your furry friend with you, check out these pet-friendly hotels. Traveling with your loved one? Discover our guide on the best romantic hotels in Connecticut and book now on Culture Trip. For a luxury stay, check out our pick of the best luxury hotels in Connecticut, USA, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.