The eastern gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park is well worth a vacation of its own. Far from just a modest base camp for hikers, Estes Park boasts shopping, entertainment, and fresh Colorado fare. The friendly locals include fox, bobcat, elk, and deer, who will surprise you with a warm welcome right in the center of downtown. Treat yourself to an amazing vacation before you make it into RMNP at these Estes Park resorts and hotels – bookable with Culture Trip.
Five acres (2ha) of secluded space on Lake Estes are yours to savor at the Estes Park Resort. Find the perfect spot along the lake as you hike or bike the 3mi (5km) loop trail. Boss ignoring your out-of-office message? Every guest room has a work desk and ergonomic chair for replying to those “urgent” emails. Heaven forbid you’ve got to be on call, but should there be any reasons to stay in your suite, in-room massages and other spa services make it worth your while.
Situated among the trees on the banks of the Falls River, the Silver Moon Inn is one of the best places to stay in Estes Park and offers the best of both worlds: your room is only steps from downtown Estes Park, yet don’t be surprised to see the occasional elk or some other four-legged neighbor stop by for a cup of sugar. Should you want to follow the cloven-hoofed footprints in the snow, the Silver Moon Inn offers complimentary snow show rentals so you can hoof it through the woods to catch a glimpse of the creature.
It’s almost unthinkable to imagine travelling all the way to Estes Park and not venturing into RMNP. It’s a folly that could become all too real at the Ridgeline Hotel, which does its best to convince you to stay firmly planted inside. As one of the Estes Park hotels with a pool, it also includes a huge games room, and the laid-back Latitudes 105 restaurant and bar. Instead, allow them to pump up the tires on a complimentary bicycle so you can ride throughout downtown Estes Park. They’ll even pack up a delicious lunch to go for when the mountains inevitably start calling your name.
Reconnect with nature at Inn on Fall River. Choose between spacious suites, cosy cabins, or well-equipped mountain lodges until you hit your personal sweet spot of comfort, convenience, and connectivity with the great outdoors (though we will admit that the bar in the Stream Suites building does feel mighty comfy after a long hike up Old Man Mountain). The upgraded wifi is ultra-reliable, but don’t forget to put your phone on silent so as to not disturb the big horn sheep and foxes that wander the grounds.
Family owned and operated, you’ll wish Appenzell Inn would adopt you so you could stay forever. Here, Alpine design flair meets a down-to-earth warmth that’ll make you feel right at home in your spacious mountain-view suites. Lovebirds with a soft spot for corniness will get a laugh out of the heart-shaped tub and flickering gas fireplace. Whenever you’re ready to emerge from your boudoir, meet the family and other guests out by the fire for evening s’mores under shooting stars.
Always wanted your own vacation home in the mountains? Estes Park Condos is happy to oblige. Riverfront views, a fully equipped kitchen, and gas fireplaces can bring your dreams to life. Small touches like a DVD library, fishing rods and tackle boxes, and snow shoes, skis, and sleds enhance the “our place in the Rockies” vibe. Go ahead and take a walk around the block; you’ll end up in RMNP in a mile.
When deciding were to stay in Estes Park, does it get any better than relaxing in a bubbly hot tub with the cool mountain breeze blowing through? Hotels Estes challenges you to find out. Swap the hot tub for the pool then dry off around the fire pit with s’mores melting in your hand. Only 5mi (8km) from endless exploration in Rocky Mountain National Park, Hotel Estes is an awesome yet affordable way to enjoy the great outdoors.
At an elevation of 7,697ft (2,346m), the Landing is as good a place as any to set up camp for a Rocky Mountain adventure. Riverfront villas and cabins at this boutique hotel in Estes Park have the rustic charm of your dreams: stone fireplaces, handcrafted furniture, and spectacular panoramic views. Park yourself in an Adirondack chair along the riverbank and cast a rod. If the fish aren’t biting, roll right into RMNP and see if you can spot any bears that will show you how it’s done.
This sustainable, solar-powered hotel in Estes Park won’t burn up your budget. Upgraded-rustic digs with mountain views from your window will have you waking up howling with joy. Chill outside in the pool, hot tub, or along the fire pit if you’re craving that fresh Colorado air. Should your stomach need a little more substance, the Grab-n-Go is stocked with snacks, while the lobby has books, games, and other food for the mind.
Looking for more? Why not check out the best hotels to book in Estes Park, Colorado. We even have every traveler covered with our guides to the best hotels and budget-friendly stays in Estes Park and the top places to stay near Rocky Mountain national Park – all bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.