The United States is packed full of natural beauty and gorgeous landscapes, but the Garden of the Gods in Colorado might be one of the nation’s most impressive outdoor spots. Book your stay nearby with Culture Trip to kick off your adventure.
Colorado Springs is surrounded by glorious outdoor monuments and mountain ranges. There is the wonderous Pike’s Peak, the waterfalls of Seven Falls and the red rock magic of Garden of the Gods, plus white-water rapid rivers and bubbling springs aplenty. The formations of Garden of the Gods are something special in and of themselves, with the local tribal population considering this a spiritual and sacred place. For visitors, the draw is the number of outdoor pursuits including hiking, fishing, skiing, ziplining, mountain biking and rafting. Any one of these hotels makes a perfect jumping-off point to get active in this location – at any time of the year.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Embracing the beauty and tradition of the American West has always been the goal of the Broadmoor. This resort, which opened in 1918, has long been ahead of the times, as far as amenities and experiences for its guests. The property exudes elegance with 784 spacious guest rooms, suites, cottages and brownstones featuring touches, such as period décor and chandeliers. There are also private cabins and upscale ranch accommodation for those seeking the ultimate in privacy. Nouvelle cuisine, as well as delicious comfort food, awaits at the Ristorante del Lago, Summit, The Golden Bee and The Grille to name a few.
Started and run by locals, Kinship Landing leads the way in helping you get the most out of your Colorado stay. The team works with local creatives including architects, designers, artists and restaurateurs to get every detail perfect. The dining is exceptional: Homa features wholesome bowls and sandwiches and homemade pies, all made with locally sourced ingredients, and recipes and cuisine from around the world. The curated bar menu showcases the best of local craft beer and cocktails, plus coffee available from sunrise until late at night.
This granite building started life in 1902 as the Mining Stock Exchange and is one of the treasures of downtown Colorado Springs. Its architecture may be historic, but the modern amenities and well-thought-out design of the guest rooms are set up with visitors’ needs in mind. After spending the day outdoors exploring Pike’s Peak or the Garden of the Gods, head to the opulent MX Spa, a place to unwind with a luxurious and relaxing massage, scrub or even a mani/pedi. When you are ready for a bite to eat, unwind in the courtyard with Cajun and Creole classics, plus local favorites, at the Springs Orleans Restaurant and Bar.
Occasionally a property will live up to its hype, which is very much the case with this resort and spa. The wellness of guests is at the forefront of everything here, where the goal is to create the ultimate escape. Think superb outdoor pools as well as a golf course and tennis courts. The spa offers a wellness program that is immersive, experiential and where the balance of mind, body and spirit is restored. Rooms and suites are expansive; choose spectacular views and vistas or the privacy of your own casita.
This property, which opened in 2015 and sits within the community of the Flying Horse, is one of Colorado Springs ultimate boutique resorts. Anticipate a Rocky Mountain Tuscan style that features warm, sophisticated colors and design in its 28 King Rooms and 12 Queen Rooms. There are two 18-hole championship golf courses, plus golf lessons with a top professional. There is a heated 25-Lap pool, an adult pool plus splash pool, a fitness center and a spa. There is also refreshingly good dining at two premises: The Athletic Club and Grill plus The Steak House at Flying Horse.
The site of the old Colorado Springs 1892 Firehouse was rebuilt in 1997 into this attractive adults-only boutique bed and breakfast. This charming three-story brick property sits within the Colorado Springs Old Town and is within walking distance of a whole host of local attractions and eateries, including Curcuru Café, Paravicini’s Restaurant and Jake and Telly’s. There is also an array of galleries from American Indian (Squash Blossom) to fine art. This B&B pulls out all the stops at breakfast serving a delicious selection of breakfast pastries, cooked delights and healthy options.
It is the artistic finesse and Western ambiance of this property that has taken style to a whole other level. The lobby décor is cowboy-meets-cosmopolitan, while the guest rooms are cool and modern with a Scandinavian vibe. Dining is focused on American cuisine at the Ascent Restaurant & Bar, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a lobby bar serving cocktails and local brews as well. Enjoy the magnificent mountain views from the outdoor hot tub and swimming pool, or, if the weather is poor, come and swim indoors. The fitness center has Peloton bikes, free weights and cardiovascular equipment.
It isn’t often you come across a hotel with fairtrade pricing – which means guests determine the price they will pay – but the SCP isn’t your average hotel. This is holistic hospitality at its optimum; the SCP Commons boasts a relaxing environment with environmentally-friendly furniture and locally sourced coffee available around the clock. Its trademark minimalist style means that 174 rooms have all the basics you need. There are fresh and sustainably grown products available at the Provisions Market any time of the day or night.
This hotel is within easy reach of some of the most picturesque places in Colorado Springs, including the Seven Falls and Garden of the Gods. It’s also the perfect destination for easy access to the airport – offering a 24-hour shuttle to-and-from Colorado Springs Airport. Expect comfortable guest rooms, amenities such as an indoor pool and fitness center, plus an on-site restaurant located on the second floor of the hotel serving appetizers, handcrafted cocktails, locally brewed beers and also the Grab & Go breakfast every morning.
In the shadow of Pike’s Peak is the crown jewel of Manitou Springs, the Cliff House Hotel. This stately and glamourous 150-year-old property is reminiscent of a bygone era. It boasts 54 extravagant suites and guest rooms punctuated by Victorian furnishings, yet replete with the modern amenities you expect from a luxury stay. Those amenities include the Dining Room, known for its five-star cuisine and elegant décor, while the Red Mountain Bar and Grill offers dishes that are a bit more rustic and down-to-earth.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.