Whether you want to see exotic reptiles up close, geek out at a science museum or grab drinks at a retro bar, Denver City Park has something for everyone, and with its vast green spaces, lakeside trails and romantic picnic spots, this Denver institution has a lot to offer visitors. Book your stay nearby with Culture Trip.
In recent years, as old warehouses have been either demolished or upgraded, the entire feel of downtown Denver, Colorado, has changed. The 16th Street zone is full of energy, fun and great eateries, and is also next to City Park, a vast green space that’s home to both the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. You could easily spend a whole day here, renting paddle boats to take out on the lake or watching one of the free weekly concerts. All these hotels are close by, so you can get a taste of Denver life not far from your doorstep.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This Sheraton Hotel is a sophisticated stay with a spacious lobby and great amenities such as a heated rooftop pool, fitness center and diverse dining options at the Yard House. It’s got a fantastic location, too, close to the shops and dining of the 16th Street promenade, Union Station and the RiNo part of town with its murals and street art.
A cornerstone of the Golden Triangle Creative District, this downtown Denver hotel has curated artwork such as an LED light bulb installation by Leo Villareal and a painting by Sol LeWitt. You’ll see postmodern art by acclaimed artists decorating each guest room, as well as the Portico Gallery, FIRE Restaurant and FIRE Terrance. Continue the art-themed tour with a visit to the Denver Art Museum and the Clyfford Still Museum, or viewing the street art and murals of the post-industrial RiNo district.
What’s not to love about this Hilton property in exciting downtown Denver? It’s perfect for the urban jet-setter – there are even bookable rooms that come with your own Peloton and fitness area. You can’t beat the views of downtown, and there is a great dining experience at the Prospect’s Urban Kitchen and Bar, where considered cuisine is served in a relaxed setting around a large fireplace. Great shopping and dining on 16th Street are just a block away, and Union Station, Denver Pavilions, Denver Center for the Performing Arts and Buell Theatre are close at hand.
In 1863, Governor Evans built a brick cottage for his family, and purchased, then immediately donated, four blocks of Arapahoe Street to the City of Denver. In 1911, he retained architects to design an eight-story office tower for the Denver Tramway company, which is now listed in the National Register of Historic Places and houses the Hotel Teatro. A stay here is like walking back in time, though the lobby and first floor have had a revamp, and there is an on-site restaurant, the Nickel. The rustic-yet-contemporary design scheme comes from Studio Frank.
If you are yearning for a stay at a homestead, the Life House awaits you. The decor of these guest rooms plays on Western and Victorian sensibilities and was created by Life House founder Rami Zeidan. And having spent many years in the boutique hotel business, he knows a thing or two about creating a great place to stay. The design here is all about the original pioneers of the neighborhood and their Italian roots, with lashings of textured glass and floral features, while the on-site cocktail bar and restaurant are wildflower-inspired.
The historic LoDo neighborhood was once home to the Windsor Dairy and is now a micro-precinct with 15 shops, 19 restaurants, seven bars and a luxury co-working space; the Dairy Block is now home to a boutique hotel known as the Maven. Guest rooms are loft-style, spacious and flooded with natural light. Food is taken to another level here at Kachina Cantina, a favorite with locals. Try the green chili nachos, shrimp ceviche, carne asada tacos and chicken flautas before moving to the Pola Lola Social Club for inventive cocktails.
Based in the vibrant RiNo art neighborhood, this unique 50-room boutique hotel is a collaboration with renowned cocktail institution Death & Co, and is home to its only location outside New York City. Not only that, it also has the Super Mega Bien restaurant, the brainchild of the folk behind the acclaimed Work & Class eatery. Here, you can enjoy pan-Latin cuisine served dim sum style, then retire to your sumptuous guest room.
The outdoor heated rooftop pool at the Sonesta has breathtaking city and mountain views and, for those who prefer being indoors, there are inviting spaces to lounge in throughout the premises. The Lockwood Kitchen and Bar has locally inspired farm-to-fork cuisine, as well as Spanish tapas and charcuterie plates. Take your pick from guest rooms or suites decorated in warm, earthy ones.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.