After a day of fresh air, sunshine and beach frolics, bed down at one of these excellent Denver-area hotels, now bookable with Culture Trip.
Cherry Creek State Park is only a 20-minute drive from Denver, Colorado, yet it feels like you’re days away from the big city. The beach, the trails and the on-water activities create the perfect weekend getaway, even for those who live close by. Get your fill of recreation at this reservoir, and take time to relax when you stay at the best hotels near Cherry Creek State Park.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Denver Marriott Tech Center knows how difficult it is to keep it “business as usual” when working so close to the great outdoors. The hotel will help you stay as focused as possible, though, with a full range of business services and a complimentary corporate shuttle. The minute five o’clock hits, however, the staff will also help you loosen up your tie, with Rocky Mountain brews at the Pint Brothers Alehouse and directions to their favorite Denver dives close to the Light Rail.
We’re not sure which is more appealing: the views of the twinkling city or the golf course’s rolling fairways at Lone Tree Golf Club and Hotel. Granted, the Downtown Denver skyline makes for a perfect backdrop when hitting a drive, but the bird’s eye view of the course from your room’s balcony will look even better while sipping an Arnold Palmer. Play the par-72 – designed by the legend himself – and see for yourself.
No need to run to the Rockies for a pampering; just book a room at Hilton, and let the spa spoil you just the same. A private outdoor hot tub and fire-lit patio will put a cap on an afternoon of age-defying treatments, stress-zapping massages and that mani-pedi combo you’ve needed for ages. Squeeze a little more serenity out of your trip by reserving the Presidential Suite so you can keep the oversized jetted tub all to yourself.
The good news is that Woolley’s Classic Suites is just a few minutes away from Denver International Airport, so you can eliminate the anxiety of missing your flight out. The bad news is that, once you check in to this all-suites hotel, you’ll never want to leave. The only way the staff will be able to coax you out of your VIP Suite is to hope that your wet bar runs dry long enough for them to steer you to the free shuttle.
There’s more than a brushstroke of bias towards the arts at this Downtown Denver hotel. The ART is as colorful as the city’s creative scene, boasting its own curated collection and hosting artist showcases. The mountain-view suites are so inspiring, you’ll want to jump on one of the hotel’s rental bikes and speed off to the nearest art supply store. Don’t forget to stop at the Denver Art Museum and the Clyfford Still Museum on your way back.
With both a craft beer concierge and a charcuterie concierge, Hotel Teatro lets you know you’re deep in Denver from the moment you arrive. Naturally, a balcony suite is a must when enjoying the Mile High City properly. Round-the-clock dining ensures that munchies make it to your room no matter the hour. If we could tempt you to leave the hotel late at night, the reindeer, rattlesnake and jack-a-lope hot dogs at Biker Jim’s are well worth the 1mi (1.6km) walk.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.