CBD massages and chardonnay-infused scrubs are on the menu at these Centennial State stays. Here’s our pick of the best spas in Colorado.
A sprawling landscape of mountains, forests and desert – Colorado allows you to fully immerse yourself in nature and switch off from modern stresses. After days spent darting about along Rocky Mountain trails and ski slopes in winter, these spa and wellness retreats in Colorado will help you further your state of relaxation and unwind from the get-go.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
An urban retreat, this slick spot in the Mile High City promises a treat for the senses. The rooms boast views of the Rockies through oversized windows and the restaurant serves up locally sourced produce – but head to the hotel’s luxury spa – one of the best in Colorado – for some real escapism. There is a range of treatments from “body shaping” to a menu designed specifically for men. For those who are staying longer, there’s even the opportunity to enroll in nutritional counseling, yoga sessions and personal training to meet your fitness goals.
Slap-bang in the center of Denver’s most renowned neighborhoods, Cherry Creek, this spot has everything on its doorstep – from high-end stores to walkable nature trails. For some R&R after exploring the city, check out this Colorado spa hotel’s wellness and fitness programs, tailored to your needs: the hotel teams up with local health-minded companies to deliver programs to suit. Don’t miss the free outdoor yoga sessions that take place every Sunday on the rooftop sundeck.
Surrounded by restaurants, bars and shops galore, this contemporary Marriott hotel and spa in Denver, Colorado, has everything you could need on its doorstep. But for a bit of escapism, head to the fitness center, which boasts sublime views and a decent range of equipment to keep you busy. There is a Peloton indoor exercise bike so you can program workouts and improve your game as you go.
Thanks to a well-equipped fitness center and indoor pool, it’s easy to keep your routine up at this spa hotel in the vibrant town of Fort Collins. Reward yourself afterwards by unwinding in the hot tub and lounging on the sundeck. As for refueling, the bistro serves up healthy dishes and there are several other restaurants on its doorstep, including an Italian with gluten-free pizzas.
This sprawling lakeside resort and spa in Colorado Springs has a long list of amenities to keep you busy, including more than 10 restaurants and three championship golf courses. After exhausting all of the options, take time to explore the classically styled spa. Here, you will find saunas, steam rooms, aromatherapy rooms and cozy fireplace lounges. There are many treatments on offer – spoil yourself with the Wine Down massage complete with a 30-minute chardonnay-infused sugar scrub.
These spacious, self-contained holiday rentals at the base of Vail Mountain are perfect for family and group gatherings or for couples looking for a romantic retreat. The homes and condominiums come with fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, parking and access to the Grand Hyatt resort amenities. Be sure to visit the spa after a day on the mountains, with 10 treatment rooms, a jacuzzi, steam rooms and saunas. There is an extensive treatment menu with mountain athletes in mind, such as the Elevate Your Altitude massage that uses oil infused with peppermint, ylang ylang, tangerine and fennel to help boost circulation.
Founded in 1962, this charming alpine-style resort prides itself in being one of the first attractions on Vail Mountain. There are endless activities in close proximity, with skiing being the most popular winter activity; in the summer, there is everything from hiking and biking to rafting and Jeep tours on offer. But a year-round highlight is this 7,500sqft (700sqm) spa in Vail decked out with seven massage rooms alongside steam rooms, saunas and whirlpools. On the treatment front, one of the most unique offerings is the Dream Pod Float Experience, which invites you to step into a private, oversized tub filled with warm water and saturated with 800lbs (363kg) of Epsom salt to reduce muscle tension.
Looking to relax in Colorado’s five-star luxury? A grand hotel at the base of Aspen Mountain will do the job. The St Regis Aspen Resort’s award-winning Remède Spa is one of its highlights where you can enjoy its curated treatments. Relax with a CBD-infused massage and facial tailored to your skin type, before making the most of the spa’s facilities, such as steam caves and an “oxygen lounge” that also aids relaxation. Other wellness features at the resort include a heated outdoor pool, a 24-hour fitness center and three year-round hot tubs overlooking the mountain scenery.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.