There’s no shortage of fashion trends in Los Angeles, what with nearby Hollywood paparazzi constantly on the look out for the latest celebrity’s “outfit of the day” (cue hashtag). But these stylish clothes are often on the expensive side. Here are five thrift shops in the artsy areas of Silver Lake and Echo Park that are guaranteed to satisfy both your fashion needs and your budget.
Lemon Frog Shop
This little vintage shop makes thrifting super affordable with its $10 rack. Located in Echo Park, Lemon Frog Shop has employers just as colorful as the clothes they sell. This store is also a certified L.A. green business, so it’s clear they take recycling to the next level. Don’t miss their well-known Gucci accessory collection for a handbag that’s sure to be the envy of your friends.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Lemon Frog Shop, 1202 N. Alvarado ST. Los Angeles, CA, USA, +1 (213) 413-2143
Sweet As… Vintage Boutique
Best friends are a force of nature, as evidenced by the owners of this fashion-forward shop. BFFs-turned-boutique business partners established the cozy Sweet As… after indulging their collectors’ habits by selling their fashionable findings to friends. With an impressive price range of secondhand items, Sweet As… has a revolving collection of must-haves fit for every wallet. The shop owners are known for personally helping out customers, so feel free to greet them and make use of their expertise.
Sweet As… Vintage Boutique, 1814 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, USA, +1 (213) 413-0049
Ragg Mopp Vintage
Don’t let the name fool you – Ragg Mopp Vintage caters to the higher end of the thrifting spectrum. This shop is ideal for any special occasion that might require something uniquely beautiful, since each piece here is carefully selected and one of a kind. Founded in 1998, this store carries apparel and accessories with an obvious love for all things crochet.
Ragg Mopp Vintage, 3816 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, USA, +1 (323) 666-0550
The Left Bank
Closer to the picturesque Atwater Village, The Left Bank is a family-owned shop that carries vintage home goods alongside apparel. Pop in for a look at older comic books and vinyl records that make memorable gifts. With three different rooms dedicated each to contemporary, designer and vintage, you’re sure to leave The Left Bank with something you’ll adore. Bonus points – this store donates a portion of the profits to L.A. charities, so purchases here give back to the local community.
The Left Bank, 2479 Fletcher Dr., Los Angeles, CA, USA, +1 (818) 839-1992
Paper Moon Vintage
Named for the iconic backdrop of photos in the 19th century, Paper Moon Vintage is the next best thing to a trip back in time. With a dark blue ceiling painted with stars, this adorable shop looks like a 1920s county fair. One of the best things about this mini time capsule is the extensive selection of vintage menswear – from suits to ties to accessories. There is also a delicate “assistance only” rack to make sure these timeless pieces continue creating memories for years to come.
Paper Moon Vintage, 4516 Hollywood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, USA, +1 (323) 666-6009
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.