With 30 states set along both the east and west coasts, finding a good beach isn’t a difficult quest in the USA. Whether you’re looking for white sand and turquoise waters, or hidden coves and secluded cliffside spots we list 10 of the best.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Thousand Steps, Laguna Beach, CA
Tucked inside a secluded cove at the bottom of a 230-step staircase, you’ll find one of California’s most hidden beautiful beaches, Thousand Steps, otherwise known as ’10th Street Beach’. A local spot, Thousand Steps is a stunning beach surrounded by steep cliffs and thick trees, with waves perfect for surfing, body boarding, and skim boarding.
Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve, Oahu, Hawaii
Hanauma Bay, located on the southeast coast of O’ahu, is a cresent-shaped beach and marine life conservation area with a stretch of soft, sandy shoreline and pristine blue waters enclosed by a breached volcano. Surrounded by palm trees, Hanauma Bay provides visitors with some of the best snorkeling in Hawaii with its vibrant coral reef and active marine life.
Siesta Beach, Sarasota, FL
Siesta Beach is Florida’s west coast island with a relaxed vibe. Eight miles of white, sandy quartz beaches and bright, blue Gulf waters make this spot one of the best in the country. Visitors can scope out the sandcastle works of art, head to Point of Rocks for some of the best snorkeling on the Gulf Coast, or collect shells on Turtle Beach, all within walking distance.
Cooper’s Beach, Southampton, NY
Sandy dunes, lush seagrasses, and historic mansions line the white quartz shores of Cooper’s Beach in Southampton, New York. Cooper’s Beach is said to be one of the most beautiful along the northern east coast. Visitors can take solace in finding a peaceful and quiet beach unmarked by tourists. Be sure to rent a chair and an umbrella for the day.
Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin, FL
Caladesi Island State Park is located on one of the last uninhabited islands on Florida’s Gulf coast. Three miles of white sand, preserved wildlife, mangroves, and pristine waters make this an ideal destination. Caladesi offers a secluded and peaceful escape, which can only be reached by boat or ferry.
Kiawah Island, S.C.
Located 21 miles from Charleston, Kiawah Island is the perfect escape from civilization. Ten miles of pristine shoreline, sandy dunes, and blowing seagrasses make for the perfect escape from the everyday hustle and bustle. The island also plays host to miles of untouched nature, including preserved maritime forests and marshes with turtles, deer, and seabirds.
Lanikai Beach, Kailua, HI
Lanikai Beach, named ‘heavenly sea’, plays host to half of a mile of white, sandy shorelines with turquoise waters. A local favorite known to be the best beach on the island, Lanikai is perfect for floating in the tranquil waters while gazing at the Mokulua Islands, a mile off the shore.
Aquinnah, Martha’s Vineyard, MA
At Aquinnah, a town located on the south side of the island of Martha’s Vineyard, visitors can experience a beautiful coastline tucked alongside the famous clay cliffs at Gay Head Light. The beaches here are peaceful, quiet and sparse with people. If you’re looking for serenity on the sand accompanied by beautiful waters, this is the place to be.
Pensacola Beach, Pensacola, FL
Pensacola Beach is known for its gleaming sugar-white shores and glistening aqua blue waters. Situated on Santa Rosa Island in the Gulf of Mexico, this picturesque beach offers a secluded getaway. Pensacola is the go-to spot for the ultimate beach-seekers. Indulge in some of the state’s best seafood, take a walk on a nearly-deserted beach, or gaze at the sunset from Pensacola Beach Pier.
Kauna’oa Bay, Hawaii
Kaunaʻoa Bay, a crescent-shaped beach located on the western side of the Big Island, Hawaii, is one of the few white sand beaches on the Kohala Coast. This is the ultimate postcard beach; white sandy shores, palm trees, and calm turquoise waters make for the near-perfect beach experience.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.