Join a Beverly Hills local on a narrated virtual 360 tour of the USA’s stunning West Coast – from the golden beaches of Malibu and Santa Monica, to the great sandstone towers of Yosemite National Park and the titillating glitz of Las Vegas.
Golden sunshine, deep blue ocean, fine white sand and some of the world’s oldest and most impressive national parks – these are the kinds of images a quick Google of the USA’s glorious West Coast will conjure up. If you’ve seen it with your own eyes, then lucky you. But for those of us who haven’t – and anyone who’s in the mood for some post-Covid travel inspiration – this immersive virtual 360 tour experience might be as close as you’re likely to get anytime soon.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Before you travel, what can you expect?
Your companions for the tour will be a fellow traveler and a local actor from Beverly Hills. First, your guide will show you around some of his favorite hangouts in California – Santa Monica, LA’s Venice Beach and yet more beaches in Malibu, home to Hollywood’s rich and famous.
Then you’ll hit the Pacific Coast Highway and get your first glimpse of the rocky coastline that leads to San Francisco in a series of twists and turns. You’ll get a whistle-stop tour of the top sights by car and tram, before returning to the highway.
Leaving The City by the Bay in your wake, your next adventure will be a camping trip in Yosemite National Park – a vast expanse of natural beauty home to giant sequoia trees (the world’s oldest among them), epic waterfalls and the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome.
Next up will be an open drive through the infamous Death Valley – one of the hottest deserts on the planet – bringing you to another of Earth’s greatest natural wonders: the Grand Canyon. It will be rather a long way down from your lofty vantage point as you fly high above this gaping gorge in a private helicopter.
If that doesn’t make your tummy flutter, then maybe your final destination will. Las Vegas, so-called Sin City, is a glittering and unforgettable display of all things larger-than-life. As you drive along the eponymous boulevard, you may recognize an iconic international landmark or two (Eiffel Tower, anyone?). It might not be the real deal, but then neither is a virtual tour – although this one is about as realistic as it gets when you’re stuck at home, dreaming of your next big trip.
To appreciate the video as it was intended, be sure to watch it in the highest-quality resolution that your device can handle, with ear-covering headphones for maximum immersion.
This 360 video was produced in collaboration with Yondr.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.