Love the look of Culture Trip’s immersive, authentic itineraries but not so keen on travelling with strangers? You can also book private trips with us, so you can enjoy the same amazing itinerary, the same expert local guide but with a travel group made up of only your favourite people.
Here at Culture Trip we spent over a decade helping readers find travel inspiration and plan their holidays, with the guidance of expert local insights. Then we realised, why don’t we put all of that expertise into our own curated trips, taking the planning off of your plate and leaving you to simply find the inspiration.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
So, we’ve developed an incredible collection of itineraries all over the planet. Some are exotic and adventurous, others are more culturally enriching. Some place huge emphasis on foodie experiences, others on unique accommodations or even methods of transport – Rail Trips, anyone?
The shared principles that prop up every one of our expertly curated itineraries, though, are unwavering. Our trips intend to offer you immersive, authentic experiences that bring you closer to local communities and cultures. That’s why our Local Insiders are so important to the Culture Trip experience. Their lived-in insights and lesser-known recommendations are priceless.
Then there’s our commitment to responsible travel. We place great value on taking care of the environment, both locally and globally, as well as avoiding poor tourism practices than impact negatively on local communities.
A sticking point for some travellers, however, is that when you book one of our trips, you don’t know who you’re travelling with. It could be a small handful of you, or it could be a larger group – minimum and maximum capacity varies by trip, but is usually between 4-16. Age wise the group can consist of anyone over 25, while our customers come from pretty much every corner of the globe.
To many people this is part of the fun when joining a small-group trip. You get to meet like-minded travellers, often from totally different backgrounds and livelihoods, and by the end of the trip you’ll have usually made friends for life.
We appreciate, however, that for some people travelling with strangers is not your idea of a dream holiday. It might make you anxious before and during the trip, you might feel like you can’t fully be yourself, or you might just be worried that you won’t like your travel companions!
That’s why we also offer all of our itineraries as Private Trips. The title is pretty self-explanatory, the same-old Culture Trips but you have exclusive ownership over the guest list. That makes it perfect for you and your travel group, be it a family getaway or a reunion among friends, maybe even a work-do, a sports club tour or a college trip. Whatever your reason for going private, we can accommodate it.
There’s plenty of pros for going private, too. As well as the comfort of familiarity, there’s also far greater flexibility on all of the nitty gritty parts. Our public trips have set departure dates, but go private and you have total flexibility over when you travel, whether that’s simply the only time everyone can make it, or you want to take advantage of cheap flights. There’s also more flexibility on group sizes. We usually still require a minimum of four travellers but, if you’ve really got a gang together, we can take groups far larger than 16. The same goes for age requirements. Our 25 year-old minimum is wavered for private tours, so the youngest member of the family doesn’t have to miss out.
It tends to be far easier and more cost effective to stick to the itineraries as closely as you see them on our website, but if there are extra activities you’d be interested in including, or some elements you could do without, then all you need to do is ask!
So, how do you book a private tour with Culture Trip? The answer is quite simple – talk to us! That’s all it takes (sorry for the long run up). Get in touch with our Travel Experts, who are super friendly and eager to make people’s travel dreams come true. You’ll find prompts all over the website to get in touch and make enquiries. You can fill out an enquiry form on an itinerary page, open up the support function to drop us a message, or get in touch via email (email@example.com). You can even call us on one of the two numbers below:
Phone (UK): +44 (0)1630 350001
Phone (USA): +1 (678) 967 4965
Here at Culture Trip we still believe in the human touch, which is why it’s so important that you get to speak to a real person. They’ll listen to your wants and your needs, guide you throughout the planning and booking process and answer any questions you have, be it about our guides, specific activities or even safeguarding measures.
So, what are you waiting for? Get inspired, explore our full collection of itineraries, choose your favourites and get in touch to book your Private Trip with Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.