Our small-group adventures embrace the idea of meeting like-minded travellers and sharing experiences with newfound friends by creating a community of people who love immersive, authentic travel. However, there are also plenty of benefits for opting to book a Private Trip. Here is everything you need to know.
Our trips are designed to cater for anyone who loves to wander away from the tourist path, to discover the true heart and soul of a destination, and to have totally new experiences in the process. This could be in the most far-flung places on Earth, or right under the nose of tourists in classic bucket-list destinations.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
It’s a perfect way for solo travellers to have their dream holiday without having to go full solo, as well as a way for small-groups of intrepid explorers to go further and dig deeper with the guidance of our expert Local Insiders. It’s even an ideal arrangement for those of you who just hate the planning part of going on holiday. We take care of the accommodation, we get you from A to B throughout the trip, all the advertised activities are pre-booked and so are some of the meals (plus breakfast every day). All you need to do is meet us there in good time!
That said, small-group travel with strangers isn’t for everybody. We get that. So, we also offer private versions of all of our trips. They pretty much do what they say on the tin – you won’t have to worry about who your travel companions are, because you get to choose them.
So, if you’re thinking about going private with one of our Culture Trips, here are five reasons you’ll be glad you did:
Travel buddies only
The first pro is obvious – you get full authority on the guest list! We find that almost all of our Culture Trippers get on great, since you all tend to have a similar approach to life and a shared love for travel. That said, we appreciate many people don’t feel fully comfortable in social situations with strangers, and that not knowing your travel companions might make you anxious. It might not even be that deep, perhaps you just prefer to be around your favourite people as you embark on the adventure of a lifetime. It allows you to be yourself with no inhibitions, no small talk required, let the in-jokes flow. Whether you’re a family, a group of friends, even colleagues, making your trip private will make it more intimate, more special and bring you even closer together.
Choose your own dates
This one’s pretty huge. If you want to book onto one of our regular trips you have to stick to dates we have departures for. This is something we have to stick pretty tightly too – for lots of boring, behind-the-magician’s-cloth practical reasons. We know that, especially if you’re travelling with a group of people, getting everyone aligned on the same dates can be tricky. When you book private you have pretty much full flexibility on travel dates, so you can choose exactly when you go. Not only does this help when it comes to simultaneously managing six people’s calendar, but it might even allow you to save some money by planning the itinerary around the cheapest flights.
It’s also worth noting that we can’t guarantee our public trips until we reach a certain number of travellers, so sometimes we ask bookers to hold back on purchasing flights until the departure is guaranteed. Book private and everything is guaranteed from the off. No need to watch those flight prices go up, no need to worry about how many people join the group. Once you’re booked, your trip is guaranteed.
Flexibility on group size
In a similar vein, booking private also allows for more flexibility on group size. Most of our regular trips have a minimum group size of four and a maximum of 16 (sometimes less, sometimes more). The minimum of four stays in place for private trips – mainly for obvious financial reasons – but the maximum opens up significantly. This is particularly useful if you’re planning a group trip with a sports club or a college class, or if you’ve just got a massive family or loads of friends! There’s no set maximum, although things do get logistically trickier when it gets higher than 25, so if your group is as big as that, be sure to enquire way ahead of time. Even if there are no fears of minimum or maximum group sizes, booking private means you get to choose exactly how big the group is. If it’s six of you, it’s six of you. No more, no less.
No minimum age requirement
This is a big one for families in particular. Our regular trips have a minimum age requirement of 25 – again, for quite boring behind the scenes reasons – but this criteria can be waived completely if you decide to book private. That means every generation of your family can tag along, from eight to eighty. That said, if you want to leave the teenagers home with grandma, you can always blame us – it can be our little secret! This freedom also opens the door for college classes or sports teams who want to book a trip abroad together, so don’t be put off when you read the 25 year-old rule in our T&Cs.
A personal touch
Let’s get less specific about things here. Booking private means it is your holiday. Yours and nobody else’s. We always give our customers full care and attention, and are always here to cater to your needs as a traveller. That said, on a public trip we also have to manage everyone’s wants and needs simultaneously. If you’re just one party, and the whole gang is aligned on what they want out of the trip, then it allows our Travel Experts to tailor things specifically to you, and our Local Insider needn’t worry about clashing perspectives on the ground. If, as a group, you want to scrap an activity off the itinerary, or potentially even add something on, then you can do so. All you need to do is ask!
That’s how things work in general here at Culture Trip. We care about offering you a personal, human touch. That means guidance on everything from trip selection to picking dates and booking flights. We can advise you on visa or vaccination requirements, general destination-specific tips or even local recommendations. You won’t have to chat to a bot, or wait on hold for hours, we’ll be here ready and waiting to offer you the best experience possible.
So, if you’re interested in booking a Private Trip, get in touch. You can find prompts all over the website, from enquiry forms on itinerary pages to the support function (which should pop-up at the bottom right of your screen). You can even email us at email@example.com or call one of the following numbers:
Phone (UK): +44 (0)1630 350001
Phone (USA): +1 (678) 967 4965
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.