As Prince once sung in Let’s Go Crazy, ‘Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today. To get through this thing called life.’ He helped his fans navigate their way through ‘this thing called life’ with his music. Always innovative, forever pushing boundaries and seeking to get to the very heart of the melody.
It was a year ago today that the singer was found dead at his Paisley Park recording studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota from a fentanyl overdose. He was just 57-years-old.
To mark the first anniversary of his death, we have gathered up quotes where he passed on his wisdom, inspired us and taught us how to be better people.
RIP, Prince. You still rock our world.
1. Life is short
2. Don’t be afraid to be alone
3. Every day is a chance to start again
4. Live in the present
5. Just be yourself
6. Technology is messing with our heads
7. Music is life
8. Success doesn’t make you happy
9. Be true to yourself
10. Other people’s opinions don’t matter
11. Make sure you’re suffering for the right reasons
12. You can do anything as long as you have the right people around you
13. Life is what you make of it
14. Be kind to each other
15. Everyone’s path is unique
16. Be grateful for your friends
17. Don’t be a hater
18. Every cloud has a silver lining