If you’re searching for a safe bet in this hub of horseracing, look no further – you’re onto a winner with any one of these hotels near Oaklawn Park Race Course, Arkansas. What’s more, they’re bookable right now with Culture Trip.
Home to the famous Arkansas Derby, this legendary track in the heart of Arkansas – along with its accompanying casino resort – is the nucleus around which the rest of the city of Hot Springs spins. Whether you hit the jackpot or not, these nearby hotels will take good care of you.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
If the horses didn’t quite go your way don’t stress – you’re within a furlong of the entrance to Hot Springs National Park when you book into this hotel. It may be America’s second-smallest national park in terms of land area, but it packs in a lot of opportunities for relaxation – from waterfall hikes to secret caves and natural thermal springs. And this swish, modern hotel is at the heart of it – a safe bet for a relaxing break.
You can always count on the warm welcome cookie at a Doubletree, but if complimentary baked goods aren’t enough to sway it for you, then how about the postcard views over the Ouachita River, the huge lakeside pool, or the on-site restaurant with a full-service bar? And that’s before you get to the rooms, which are rendered in various shades of relaxing blue, reflecting the proximity to the water. As far as Hot Springs hotels go, this one takes the biscuit.
Our favorite thing about the Courtyard by Marriott Hot Springs? The outdoor courtyard, encircled by trees and with a flickering fire pit at the center – the kind of place we can see ourselves spending all evening chatting, cocktail in hand, while the stars come out overhead. We’re big fans of the guest rooms too, dressed in relaxing hues of lavenders and blues, and finished with sleek wooden fittings and plush fabrics.
A stay in Hot Springs should be relaxing and fuss-free, and that’s exactly what you’ll get at this hotel. Continental breakfast and parking are included, whilst there’s an indoor pool, gym, and mini-mart. The homely and comfortable rooms include free wifi, flat-screen TVs, minifridges, microwaves and coffeemakers.
There’s no horsing around with this place – the Best Western keeps things simple with motel-style, pet-friendly rooms, a generous outdoor pool and complimentary breakfast. The best thing about it? This place is right next door to the Oaklawn Racetrack and Casino. So when your chips are down, and you couldn’t get that winning bet across the line, at least you don’t have far to go for a good night’s sleep.
Not ready to race out of town just yet? Take things slow and extend your stay by checking into one of the self-catering suites here. The Candlewood keeps things classic with granite-top kitchenette counters, wood-paneled headboards and comfy chairs and sofas. For late arrivals, you can source a last-minute dinner from the Candlewood Cupboard, which sells snacks, sweets and ready meals. Gym bunnies will be more than happy to hop down to the well-equipped fitness center.
If you think the name of this hotel has a ring of romance, you’d be right. Each room in this pretty boutique is not only decorated in charming cottage style, with splashes of gingham, chintzy wallpaper and antique furniture, but they all overlook the property’s sparkling lake. You can borrow a kayak or paddleboards from its dock, whilst breakfast is either served in-room, down in the beautiful dining room, or, wait for it, next to a waterfall.
An imposing building dating from 1924, and the largest hotel in Arkansas, the Arlington is truly a wonder. It has everything you want from a historic hotel – a grand lobby, a fine dining restaurant in the form of the Venetian Dining room, a spa, a salon, two pools, and even a Starbucks. The traditionally furnished rooms range from suites to doubles, with one room featuring Hot Springs mineral water piped directly into a tub and a shower.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.