Little Rock, Arkansas is definitely not among the largest cities in the US, but it does offer the life of one. Home to many restaurants, bars, places for entertainment and historical sights, Little Rock hides in its neighborhoods priceless gems with good food, lovely ambiance and friendly staff. Here are the best brunch spots in town.
The Root Cafe
Homemade is not really homemade unless it grows in the backyard. The Root Café in downtown Little Rock is the best place to visit because all of their products are Arkansas-grown. The café is unique with its rich choice of local meals, workshops, and entertaining contests, such as the hot pepper eating and the beard growing contests. Built to specifically sustain Arkansas’ economy and farms and Little Rock’s community, the café offers a wide variety of choices for all your breakfast and lunch needs. The scrumptious shiitake Benny and the spicy banh mi are certainly to die for.
Address & telephone number: 1500 Main St, Little Rock, +1 501-414-0423
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Cafe Bossa Nova
Cafe Bossa Nova is family owned, and there is nothing there that you won’t like. The service there is top notch. The staff is very friendly and create a very welcoming personal experience. Their daily specials are definitely worth trying, and the food is either good or better than the service. If you want to try some authentic Brazilian food, then Cafe Bossa Nova is the place.
Address & telephone number: 2701 Kavanaugh Blvd #105, Little Rock, +1 501-614-6682
One Eleven At The Capital
There’s nothing better than to visit a new place and to dive into their traditional cuisine. One Eleven at the Capital is one of those places where guests get fully immersed in Southern hospitality and traditional meals supported by the newly decorated and renovated restaurant space. The new chic New York style interior corresponds to the high class service of the restaurant and the handcrafted meals of James Beard-award-winning chef Joel Antunes. Some of the meals worth considering are the chef’s special on the breakfast menu, organic risotto with mushroom and Parmesan, and the roast halibut.
Address & telephone number: Capital Hotel, 111 W Markham St, Little Rock, +1 501-370-7011
Whether for breakfast, lunch or brunch, Forty Two, located in the heart of Little Rock, will give you one of the best restaurant experiences you have ever had. The bowls of soup are great, and the chicken and waffles are to die for. The restaurant is quite elegantly looking and their menu, although not large, offers a nice selection of meals.
Address & telephone number: 1200 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock, +1 501-537-0042
Afterthought Bistro & Bar
The Afterthought is the city’s oldest local bar and offers live music every night. The most popular genres are traditional jazz, smooth jazz, blues and some reggae. The place offers delicious food from the neighboring Vieux Carre restaurant and a full drink menu. Its unique architecture and interior make it worth stopping by.
Address & telephone number: 2721 Kavanaugh Blvd, Little Rock, +1 501-663-1196
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.