Perched on the banks of the Arkansas River is the small city of Pine Bluff, not too far from the state capital Little Rock. The city is full of history and tradition, having played a part in the Civil War and then been witness to social unrest during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. Take a look at The Culture Trip’s recommendations of the best places to eat in town.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Leon’s Catfish And Shrimp
For a true taste of the South, Leon’s Catfish and Shrimp is a lovely restaurant offering traditional home cooking in a welcoming setting. Favorites include hush puppies, charbroiled chicken, and, of course, fried catfish, all washed down with some iced sweet tea. With friendly Southern hospitality from the servers, Leon’s is a great place for the family for a casual meal out. The restaurant also offers steaks for those who aren’t fans of seafood.
El Sol Mexican Restaurant
For generous portions, great service and, most importantly, excellent quality food, El Sol is the place to go. The menu features a great selection of Mexican favorites, including chimichangas, burritos, and enchiladas, all packed full of authentic flavors and spices. The restaurant also offers specials that change regularly, while the interior is light and inviting with a great family atmosphere. El Sol is also a wonderful spot for birthdays and other events, with the team happy to cater for any special arrangements.
Irish Maid Donuts
While not a restaurant as such, Irish Maid Donuts can certainly offer some filling snacks. The best time to go is early in the morning, when the donuts are freshly baked, and while there are still some left. The donuts come with different glazes and fillings, plus there are other bakery options available, such as cinnamon rolls, if you’re not in the mood for donuts. Visitors can eat in or take away. Irish Maid Donuts has become a Pine Bluff insitution since it opened in the 1960s, so it is a must-visit for anyone in the area.
Wright’s Ranch House BBQ
With a Southern-inspired interior (think cowboy-style saloon bar), Wright’s Ranch House is a welcoming spot, with a Southern menu offering catfish, steaks, bbq pork, and a few Tex-Mex options, among others. There is also a good quality salad bar and a wide selection of sides. With friendly and quick service, eating out at Wright’s is a lovely experience for the entire family.
For the classic American burger, Rich’s Burgers is the best place to grab one in the Pine Bluff area. While it is a fast-food restaurant, the burgers are of a high standard with delicious juicy meat patties. The burgers are cooked to order, and the menu also offers chili dogs, shakes and, of course, fries. The only downside is that it’s only open for lunch.
Colonial Steakhouse is one of Pine Bluff’s most classy places to eat, offering not only steak but also seafood. The restaurant feels upmarket but is not exclusive, and is welcoming to families. The prices are a little higher than many other places around town, but they are still not expensive and reflect the quality of the food, plus the portions are generously sized. The place is popular with locals looking for a sophisticated meal for a special occasion or simply just looking for the best steak in Pine Bluff.
With two convenient locations within Pine Bluff, Lybrand’s Bakery has been a Pine Bluff institution since it opened back in 1946. The bakery offers classic items such as donuts and pastries, while there is also a deli section offering main meals, including juicy burgers and lasagna. It is an excellent spot for breakfast, lunch, or just a light snack.
Chef Lee is a favorite with Pine Bluff locals, thanks to its enticing buffet selection, which is full of great authentic flavors. The restaurant has a lovely family atmosphere, with a wide selection of different foods to cater for all tastes. Although it’s primarily a buffet restaurant, freshly cooked food is constantly being brought out, made with fresh ingredients, many of which are produced locally. The full buffet is open for both lunch and dinner, making it a great place to eat at any time of day.
With eat-in and drive-through options, Kibb’s is a tasty barbecue joint offering Southern favorites such as smoked pork sandwiches, spare ribs, and pulled beef. The menu is simple but packed with delicious options — although it is not recommended for vegetarians! The restaurant has a lovely small town feel to it and is a favorite with the locals. For simple but tasty Southern food, Kibb’s is a fantastic spot.
Anne’s Country Cafe
Anne’s Country Cafe is a lovely nostalgic spot, with an interior decorated with vintage signs, posters, and other blasts from the past, and classic old-school booths for seating. The food is home cooking at its best, with dishes such as hamburgers, bbq sandwiches, chicken fried steak, and a selection of breakfasts served all day. Friendly Southern hospitality from the servers makes Anne’s Country Cafe a welcoming place for all ages and is truly a place for comfort food.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.