Arizona is a paradise for pets and owners alike, a land of red rocks and plunging canyons, ripe for exploration on foot, by bike, or through any other means you desire. Traveling with pets is a joy, but it’s not always straightforward. That’s exactly why we’ve put together this collection of the best pet-friendly hotels in Arizona, to help make planning your trip as easy as pie – all bookable on Culture Trip.
Hotel living on a grand scale is what you get at this luxurious resort – where colonnaded porches open onto a green-lawned square and tennis courts, a fitness center and no fewer than five pools mean there’s plenty of opportunity for fitness activities. Rooms have a plush, classic feel and even the smallest are very spacious – furry friends are welcome by arrangement, which is why this is one of the best pet-friendly hotels in Arizona.
The famous red rocks of Sedona are paid tribute in the name of this hotel and form a dramatic natural backdrop. Rooms boast gorgeous views of the Martian landscape – often from a communal terrace or balcony – while sunset happy hours and night-time moonlit yoga sessions are among the outdoor activities on offer. This hotel is pet-friendly and there’s no doubt you’ll love exploring the Arizona wilderness with your pet in tow.
Art lovers will adore the decor in this stylish hotel, which sits in a great location in downtown Phoenix. Mid-century sculptures and Beatles artwork adorn the lobby – while rooms have a pharaonic, blue and gold color scheme while Netflix is on the TV. There’s a well-equipped gym where you can stay on top of your workout – while the rooftop pool is one of the best places in Phoenix to swim a few lengths.
Combining the look of a classic roadside motel – dressed up with pop art and boasting modern hotel comfort – this is a great choice for a stay in Tucson. The outdoor pool is not only perfect for a dip but for a drink, thanks to the buzzing pool bar – the boozy iced cocktails are exquisite on a hot day – while biking and hiking are among the outdoor activities you can enjoy with your pets in tow.
Good taste exudes from this hotel – from the adobe walls and fireplaces which pay homage to Arizona’s traditional architecture to the patterned rugs and textiles which evoke the red rocks outside your window. Views of which can be enjoyed from your furnished balcony. A nightly amenity fee includes a Red Rock trail pass, so you and your pets can enjoy exploring the countryside at your leisure.
Phoenix’s classy Uptown district is on your doorstep at this boutique hotel, which fuses a stylish vintage aesthetic – such as record players in the rooms and modern amenities like Apple TV. The rum cocktails at the pool bar, Lylo Swim Club, are justly celebrated – while classic drinks accompany sweeping city views at the Say When rooftop bar, where bar bites are also available.
Playful luxury is the stated aim at this lovely hotel and they’ve nailed the brief – with exquisite marble floors, dark wood furnishings and plush sofas offset by colorful, vibrant bathrooms, light fittings and artworks. Many rooms overlook the palm-studded low rises of Phoenix’s uptown and the mountains beyond – while the luxe, midnight blue Artizen restaurant serves superb local food, where the steaks are particularly acclaimed.
A far cry from the parched lunar deserts which characterize Arizona in the popular imagination, Ventana Canyon is a lush green oasis – with verdant forest covering the hills. This luxury resort comprises 600 gated acres to explore and as such, is one of the best pet-friendly hotels in Arizona. Suites feature outdoor patios and plush living areas – while golf, tennis and pickleball are among the sports on offer.
Despite the name, you won’t stay in a wigwam here – rather in a plush guestroom or suite – but traditional Arizona architecture is paid homage in the form of recessed adobe fireplaces, an earthy color palette and geometrically patterned carpets and textiles. Set in gardens of cacti, palm trees and desert flowers, the resort is perfect for lovers of the outdoors – while the lovely pool is extremely inviting after a day’s hiking or golfing.
From the stars-and-stripes bedspreads to the vintage radios and motoring-themed wall art, this boutique hotel evokes the age of the classic American road trip. Rooms feature private furnished patios, some with views over the hotel’s lovely garden. Right in the heart of the town’s college district, there is a bevy of great bars nearby – not least the hotel’s Normal Bar, where the breakfasts are hearty and drinks can be enjoyed throughout the day.
For more options, discover our guide to the best hotels in Prescott and book now Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.