After a thrilling day out at the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama, you’ll need a good place to crash (sorry). Here are the best places to stay nearby, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Alabama’s world-famous Talladega Superspeedway is the home of NASCAR racing – one of the most exciting sporting events in the world. After an exhilarating day out at the speedway, rest your head at one of these properties in Talladega and the surrounding area. Accommodation here ranges from the homey B&Bs to large hotels, as well as some great resorts and even campsites for nature lovers.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This period property is perfect for history lovers or those looking for a little bit of elegance during their stay. This incredibly well-preserved and renovated Queen Anne Victorian mansion is located in Anniston and is full of original features in the shared common spaces while adopting modern interiors across the 56 bedrooms, ensuring a comfortable stay in a truly homely environment. There are lovely grounds and an outdoor swimming pool, too.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Talladega
A huge hotel from the famed Holiday Inn chain, this spot in Talladega is a new addition to the family and as contemporary as they come. There’s a great outdoor swimming pool for you to dip into during your stay, plus a well-equipped fitness center including free weights and gym cardio machines so you can get your gains in. Plus, there’s space for free parking on site, just 20 minutes’ drive from Talladega Superspeedway.
Somerset House Bed & Breakfast
In the heart of Talladega’s historical center, this beautiful period property dates back to 1905. A colonial-style property, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Somerset House is rich in history and was renovated extensively in 1993 to its current incarnation as a charming bed and breakfast. Choose one of the antique furnished bedrooms that are full to the brim with character, and enjoy the gourmet, home-cooked breakfast – served in the kitchen or straight your room.
Comfort Suites Oxford
This modern, sizable hotel in Oxford, Alabama (20 minutes’ drive east from the Talladega Speedway) is a great choice if you’re looking for convenience, good service and spacious rooms. As well as airy, light rooms, there’s free hot breakfast included and great amenities – most notably the awesome outdoor swimming pool and sun loungers, or the fitness suite and gym.
Courtyard by Marriott Anniston Oxford
Another property based in Oxford, this branch of the esteemed Marriott chain is family-friendly, hospitable and smart. Rooms and suites with pastel and charcoal interiors, and notoriously comfy beds, have workspaces as well as places to kick back and chill in front of the smart TV that’s included as standard. There’s an indoor pool and gym to enjoy, as well as an in-house bar serving snacks like tasty sandwiches and meatballs to wash down with a beer.
Hampton Inn Gadsden/Attalla
This roadside Hampton Inn is a great spot if you’re looking for a quiet, laid-back stay. The crisp yet cozy rooms are spacious and light, with high ceilings and stunning views – and as it’s a huge hotel, they’re happy to house large groups in rooms next to each other. There’s a great outdoor swimming pool and some sun loungers to hang out on, plus a hot cooked breakfast is included in your stay.
Always a reliably smooth stay in elegant surrounds, Marriott has crafted another fine outpost with its Birmingham branch. This hotel hosts a range of big, comfy rooms to suit all manner of travelers, from the business traveler to the sports fan. There are great amenities to return to after a day at the Superspeedway, whether you want to keep the adrenaline going with a few drinks and small plates at the Marre Allen Bar & Kitchen, or wind down at the indoor pool and gym.
Talladega Creekside Resort
Just 10 minutes’ drive from Talladega Superspeedway, this resort is a breath of fresh air. Whether you’re camping, rolling in in your RV or booking one of the cute cabins and cottages, a stay here brings you right back to nature. As the resort is based on the edge of Cheaha Creek, there’s great tubing and fishing here, so make some time before or after the NASCAR races to enjoy the activities on offer, as well as the peaceful environment.
This large property has so many personal touches that you’ll instantly feel you’re staying at a friend’s house. Choose from a room in the hotel’s main building – The Inn – or one of the cabins, cottages or period properties on the grounds. If you want to make a real vacation out of your trip, there’s a wonderfully scenic golf course here, plus an indulgent spa – so why not extend your stay for a few nights more?
This sprawling, luxurious resort is the perfect place to unwind and get away from it all, taking some time to pamper yourself and reconnect with nature. The stone-and-timber lodges and lakeside villas are a real treat, all offering elegant interiors, no matter the size you select. There are 15 freshwater lakes at Foxhall, where you can enjoy fishing, kayaking, paddleboarding or canoeing, all amid the forests and hillsides.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.