The beautiful beaches of Alabama are the perfect place for a family vacation, a romantic getaway and much more. If you’re in Alabama, you can enjoy the fresh waters of the Gulf at these top five beaches.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
There are multiple beautiful white sand beaches along the Gulf Shores in Alabama, and these shores are not small by any means; it is a 32-mile-long stretch of sandy beaches and pearlescent waters. These beaches have quartz grains that were washed down thousands of years ago from the Appalachian Mountains to create some of the finest shorelines in the world. With the vast amount of resorts and hotels that line the shore, there is no reason not to take a break to visit these stunning shorelines.
Fairhope is referred to as an artist’s colony or community because many known artists and novelists, including Pulitzer Prize winner Rick Bragg, have called it home. Though there is a small fee to access the beach during the summer, the pier is free and is the place to create memories. With nature all around, white sands, and waves crashing against the rocks on the shore, it is a hotspot for photography, romance, and writing outstanding novels.
Wouldn’t it be lovely if there was a beach with a museum close by? Fort Morgan is conveniently placed by the shore, which makes its location very convenient. It is a historical state site that has both the beach and plenty of tourist sights for a cultural visit that is balanced between relaxation and learning something new. The area is a national historic landmark and there is a museum for tourists to visit and learn more about Fort Morgan, so it’s lovely to visit for the beauty of the beach itself and the cultural activities.
Located on the Gulf of Mexico is a beach that is equipped with a large amount of resorts and hotels to accommodate travelers in search of the perfect beach. It all is very close to tourist attractions like Adventure Island, deep-sea fishing, the Orange Beach Golf Center, and Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo. After a long day spent at one of these attractions or sites, visitors can unwind at Orange Beach with an umbrella in the sand and a book resting on the knees. With the help of the shores of Orange Beach, a day can be spent in beautiful, picturesque surroundings.
Dauphin Island is home to many activities and entertainment for the whole family. There is bird watching, camping grounds, and parks to turn a vacation or special event into a memorable one. Their goal as a park and beach is to provide undeniably exceptional customer service, safety, and to ensure the wellness of all of the visitors. This is all in an effort to provide the best experience possible with one of the many stunning beaches of Alabama.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.