The Xenses Park and its interactive exhibits will leave you amused, confused and utterly disoriented. Step into a realm where gravity loses its grip, and the line between illusion and truth blurs. This illusionist and creative space in Mexico invites you to start an adventure that will stimulate your mind, awaken your senses, and leave you questioning the very nature of reality.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A stretch of Mexico’s coastline called the Riviera Maya is an area known for its glamorous all-inclusive resorts and water activities, which include diving, wind-surfing and swimming with dolphins – and one mind-boggling theme park.
What to expect
When traveling, it’s wise to expect the unexpected, but this unique theme park is a whole different ball game.
The activities on offer have been specially designed to challenge your perceptions using mind-bending illusions. These include a zip wire that simulates flying and a topsy-turvy town where streams run uphill. A menagerie of fascinating scenarios is dotted throughout the park, each one forcing you to question reality.
At every turn there’s something amazing to see or do – imagine a park full of crazy science experiments and you’ll get the picture.
Start your journey through the park by wandering down this absurd street. Constructed to confuse your mind, it’s hard to tell whether you’re walking uphill or downhill. This one really messes with your head, and it’s a great way to kick off the day. Pictures simply don’t do it justice either; you have to experience the illusion to get the full disorienting effect.
Who doesn’t love an optical illusion?
Fooling your senses is one thing, but optical illusions also create the perfect holiday snaps, adding wit and humor to otherwise generic landscapes and run-of-the-mill family photos.
At this bonkers park, where “normal is boring” and nothing is as it seems, you’ll find hilarious photo opportunities that won’t fail to amuse.
If you opt for the park’s unlimited photo package (and it’s recommended you do), you are given a bracelet to scan at certain points. The fixed cameras take as many pictures as you like – and are available to download 24 hours later. Top tip: some of the scenarios may seem bamboozling at the time, but once you see the photograph, all is revealed.
Embark on a journey of self-discovery in the Xensitorium, a pitch-black maze that tests your senses by forcing you to rely on non-visual faculties, such as smell and sound, in order to feel your way out.
Many visitors find this one quite overwhelming at first, but you’ll be surprised at how quickly your brain and body adjusts. It’s a revealing experience and certainly not one to be missed.
Who is this for?
Travelers with an uninhibited sense of fun – this one’s for you. The park is an eye-opening experience and the perfect day out for adventurous kids and adults alike.
Activities range from the more daring water slide to a relaxing river that transports you gently through cave-like tunnels. Those who don’t fancy getting wet or covered in mud can easily bypass these and head on to something else.
Need to know
Half a day at the park is all you need to do the exhibits justice. There’s a café on-site where you can refuel, but if your resort is an all-inclusive number, there’s no need to miss a meal.
The most exciting thing about the park is that it invites you to immerse yourself – often quite literally – in the experience. Lots of the exhibits include water, so definitely come prepared with swimming things. There are changing areas and lockers to store shoes and other valuables such as phones and cameras.
All in all, you are guaranteed a few hours of mind-boggling fun. Prepare for your perceptions of reality to be challenged, and come with a sense of humor.
For more information, visit the website here.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.