Staying in a villa in Cancún is the best way to get a feel for the Mexican resort city. You’ll find spacious glamorous beauties for larger groups and intimate spaces for families – near the beaches or close to the city lights. Make yourself at home with our selection of the best.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
On the northern tip of party-oriented Zona Hotelera, Fiesta Americana Cancún Villas is a family affair with a dinky children’s pool, playground, complimentary kids’ club and, for adults, a swim-up bar. It’s good-looking, with classic Mexican stucco facades and russet terracotta roofs. You’ll be tempted to stay in, cooking home favourites in your multi-room suite, or eating around the resort restaurants. But make time for the ultimate day-trip: the Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá.
This place is a visual feast of modern Mexican-flavoured rooms, tropical-print bed throws and gleaming marble floors. You’ll feel even more special if you splurge on the three-storey presidential villa with a rooftop terrace, overlooking the complex of pools. Mexican and Caribbean food steals the show, but you can also get stuck into sushi – or, if you’re really figure-fussy, special spa-healthy courses. No need to let your eco-conscience slip either: enrol on the environmental awareness programme and you’ll be an expert in the four species of local sea turtle by the time you leave.
Edging creamy-sandy shores, Beachscape Kin Ha Villas & Suites suits golfers down to a tee: Cancún Golf Club is little more than a ball-thwack away. It’s handy for ancient Mayan ruins, too – but if only utter indolence will do, you’ll find the simple suites calm oases, in tones of Caribbean blue and green. The generous palm-edged pool is an easy stroll way, through lush garden, and, when you feel like more exertion, the psychedelic-blue marine shallows are not much further off.
Through Casa Granada 24’s carved wooden door you enter a world of ornate tiles, trickly fountains and high walls. Cool off in the shaded patio’s tiny plunge pool then walk the 10 minutes to plaza-like Parque de las Palapas, packed with street-food stalls. Practice your Spanish with locals as you eat classic Yucatan panuchos (tortilla piled with black beans and toppings), or buy platanos fritos (fried bananas) to dine on, back at the ranch.
Pale walls, Scandi-style light woods, crisp white linen… the interiors of this four-bedroom villa are as clean as the waves just beyond. And with four bathrooms to choose from, there’ll be no fighting over who gets to freshen up first each morning. You’ve got culture practically en suite: the Mayan Museum is opposite. But we say: spray on the sun oil, hit the private beach and bronze until it’s time to shake off the sand for a dip in the pool, and a pre-dinner margarita.
You feel you’re at one with nature at Villa Natural, with views of tropical trees and verdant foliage from almost every arched window. It’s an uncomplicated place that might have been designed by Gaudí, with groovy ’60s furniture, soaring ceilings and whitewashed walls. Keep your pulse low with yoga on the shady terrace or an in-room massage. But do shake a leg for the city’s best sands at Playa Delfines, named after the dolphins you’ll likely spot there.
If you’re looking for a smaller beach base, check out our list of the best apartments to rent in Cancun for some of the best ocean views on the coast.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.