You’ll find most of the all-inclusive resorts in Puerto Vallarta along the paradisiacal coastline of Banderas Bay, a jewel in the Mexican state of Jalisco. Explore the delights of this beach city, with its cobblestone streets flanked by restaurants, bars, boutiques and galleries, and, then, head back to one of these top resorts for dining, drinking, dancing and daydreaming – all in one place.
Set on 85 acres (34ha) of lush tropical jungle and beach, Garza Blanca is a cool haven from the heat. The accommodation is divided into suites and “ultra” suites, the latter coming with added opulence and better views of the bay. These elegant, multi-roomed spaces come with fully fitted kitchens, oversized soaking tubs and entertainment centers. Elsewhere in the resort, you’ll find live musicians serenading you at every turn – they can also be booked for private shows in your suite.
A winding drive through the verdant greenery of the mountain foothills is rewarded with the cool elegance of this resort’s marble lobby. Its lofty vibe, with panoramic bay views from bougainvillea-draped balconies, creates an exclusive air at Grand Miramar. Set in the desirable Conchas Chinas neighborhood, the resort contains two modernist towers housing 80 luxurious suites and 20 residences. The luxury is in the detail: high-thread-count linens, granite countertops, marble bathrooms and handcrafted contemporary furniture made from tropical hardwoods.
Embrace the authentic Mexican spirit at the resort’s dedicated tequila bar, which boasts a library of 180 varieties of the agave elixir. Tequila sommeliers will guide you in tastings and serve a selection of mouth-watering ceviche to complement the drinks. If seafood is your thing, then Las Casitas, one of seven dining options, is the place to head for delectable lobster tacos. In the newly updated suites, fresh blue accents and white walls echo the sea-and-sky vistas of Bandaras Bay beyond the balcony.
Even the iguanas sitting on the little palm tree islands dotted around the swimming pool have chosen this as their preferred place to be. The 14-acre (5.5ha) tropical resort has 125m (410ft) of private Pacific coastline, best enjoyed from one of the enormous cotton-curtain-draped cabanas on the sand – with the occasional short stroll to cool off in the waters. There are good options for couple time, too; ramp up the romance at sunset with a lantern-lit massage for two in front of the ocean.
Just south of Puerto Vallarta, this family-friendly resort is backed by lush mountains and fronted by the clear blue waters of the Pacific Ocean. Whales are often spotted from the beach during the winter season. Your own water babies will be in their element. There are four impressive outdoor pools at the resort, with the swim-up bar facilities likely to entice even the most reluctant grown-ups into the water.
The Hacienda is the new adults-only section at the family-friendly Hilton resort. Weary parents can stick the little ones in the complimentary kids’ club before heading off to this grown-up haven, with its swim-up bars, gourmet deli and child-free restaurant. For those seeking more peace, there’s even a library. Elsewhere, you can enjoy all the usual Hilton highlights: 14 dining and drinking venues, a luxury spa and private hot tubs on your balcony.
Living the life of a rock star is encouraged at this vast oceanside resort set 20 minutes outside Puerto Vallarta. The hotel’s limitless, all-inclusive package covers more than the usual drinks and dinner options. Play a few rounds on the world’s only Hard Rock golf course before a Rhythm and Motion treatment at the spa, where bass vibrations ripple through the massage table while treble beats come from above, sending pulses through the body. Add in personal butlers, curated playlists that follow you around the room and jam sessions with a choice of 20 Fender guitars. It’s a resort experience like no other.
As an LGBTQ-focused luxury resort, Almar offers a full pamper and party experience. Days can be spent lounging in oceanfront cabanas on popular Los Muertos Beach, dipping in and out of the water and sipping on cocktails brought to you by the attentive wait staff. Book a romantic couples’ massage, and, then, get into a party mood at the hotel’s Mantamar Beach Club, an institution of Puerto Vallarta’s LGBTQ scene.
Party people get to soak up a full menu of entertainment, activities, cuisine and drinks at this all-inclusive adults-only resort. Attentive activity staff keep guests on their toes down at the beach with volleyball tournaments, soccer and paddleboarding. Things take a cultural turn in the evenings; there’s an open-air theater, and movies are screened on the sand. Despite its proximity to the famous bar-lined Malecón, there’s little need to leave the resort. The 24-hour dining and drinking options range here from à la carte to steaks at the grill and a gourmet five-course chef’s table experience.
If you’re looking for somewhere different to stay, why not book into one of the best hotels in Puerto Vallarta? Or check into a boutique property instead. There’s budget-friendly accommodation options, too, or luxury hotels if you want to treat yourself. For more inspiration while you’re in town, check out the top things to do, including the best beaches in the area. And don’t miss out on the top restaurants in this beach resort city. Extend your holiday and check into one of the best all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, or head to Playa del Carmen for a stay in one of the top resorts. For more amazing places to stay in Mexico, check out our pick of the best hotels in Manzanillo, Mexico, bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.