These cool, colorful condos and homespun hideaways hit the tropical spot in Jalisco’s resort town.
This popular beach retreat on Mexico’s Pacific Coast is the place to kick back and relax. For those who want to swerve timed breakfasts and set their own schedule, apartments are the way to go. Options in Puerto Vallarta come in all shapes and sizes – from a boutique loft in the upscale marina to a budget-friendly casa with a rooftop pool overlooking Los Muertos Pier, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Within walking distance of the beach, this understatedly cool aparthotel sits in a small residential zone within Puerto Vallarta’s upscale marina. Its full-sized fridges are handy if you’re going self-sufficient, although do allow time to relax on the low sofas under string lights in the hotel’s den-like courtyard bar. If you fancy exploring the city, suites come with access to a fleet of bicycles.
For guests who want it all, a stay at Villa del Palmar delivers. A lively beachside resort, it offers all the benefits of a hotel stay: turn-down service, pools, spas and a travel-the-world-with-your-taste-buds approach to dining. Plus there’s a busy activity schedule, with dance classes, water-balloon fights, beach volleyball, circus skills, beach parties and, don’t forget, tequila tastings. When it’s time for peace, head back to the privacy of your apartment-style suite, all of which come with at least a kitchenette.
Arrive to a fully packed fridge in these sleek boutique apartments. A quick call to the concierge will have your day and evening entertainment organized, leaving you time to sip a cocktail in the swim-up bar on the rooftop pool. Brilliantly located, the complex is steps away from the picturesque cobbled streets of the Romantic Zone and just as close to popular Playa Los Muertos and its clubs, bars and watersports.
Take the funicular up the hill to this luxury apartment block. Its lofty position grants views of the lush green mountains on one side and an expansive seascape on the other. Request a corner suite to get the best of both worlds. The tempting infinity pool mirrors the skies and includes a swim-up bar. For a top-notch experience, book the Skyhouse suite – a sumptuous home from home, with Apple TV, fine Italian cotton sheets and a jacuzzi on the balcony.
A top location on a low budget, Amapas apartments are a hop away from the fun-filled Los Muertos beach. The one- and two-bedroom apartments open their curtains to views over the Pacific Ocean to the front, or the Sierra Madre mountains to the back. Grab a beer from the full-sized fridge and head to the roof terrace to chill around the dipping pool and soak up the sun.
There’s no compromise on location for at this great-value stay. Bringing the beauty of Banderas Bay into every apartment, the floor-to-ceiling glass doors in this beachside block make the most of crimson sunsets and crashing waves on the beach below. Inside, enjoy eclectically designed spaces – art deco mirrors, original artworks and granite worktops fuse with an authentic Mexican aesthetic. Many of the condos also have balcony pools or jacuzzis.
Keeping things simple, these 11 luxury suites have a fresh and stylish air, leaving the color and life to filter in from the beautiful surroundings. Views from the balconies take in the romantic rooftop views of Puerto Vallarta, which flow down the verdant green mountainside to the ocean. Here in the desirable Romantic Zone, guests have taco stalls, fresh food markets, galleries and boutiques on their doorstep.
If a cool urban loft is your style, you’ll like this place. Fresh to the scene, this boutique bolthole features gigantic murals and canvases by Mexican street artist Misael Lopez – guests can even buy prints to take home. A laid-back community feel is generated from nights on the roof terrace around the infinity pool and barbecue. There’s a hammock lounge from where you can watch the nightly fireworks launched from the pirate boat out on the bay.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.